Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water Leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lucas1787
Hi, I have noticed my car loosing water over a period of time.I have now noticed a slight wet patch under the car(now the roads are dry), when I looked under the car,I can see a slight trickle of water coming down the front of the engine near the oil filter,but cant actually see the source. Is there anything near this part that it might be coming from.My only other option is to take the inlet manifold off for me to get better access,but I dont fancy that.Any help please!!.Thanks.

I have a 1.6 petrol Zetec 1999yr
artscot79
[quote name='lucas1787' post='60905' date='Jan 20 2010, 03:30 PM']Hi, I have noticed my car loosing water over a period of time.I have now noticed a slight wet patch under the car(now the roads are dry), when I looked under the car,I can see a slight trickle of water coming down the front of the engine near the oil filter,but cant actually see the source. Is there anything near this part that it might be coming from.My only other option is to take the inlet manifold off for me to get better access,but I dont fancy that.Any help please!!.Thanks.

I have a 1.6 petrol Zetec 1999yr[/quote]
check the obvious first the thermostat housing on the right side of the engine as you look at it from the front cant miss it trace the top rad hose back from the radiator then check the hoses then the rad itself these are the most likely candidates all can be seen from under the car
lucas1787
[quote name='artscot79' post='60908' date='Jan 20 2010, 03:38 PM']check the obvious first the thermostat housing on the right side of the engine as you look at it from the front cant miss it trace the top rad hose back from the radiator then check the hoses then the rad itself these are the most likely candidates all can be seen from under the car[/quote]
I Have checked and its coming from the left hand side(water pump side).I did have a new pump fitted Nov last year, so Iam thinking thats might be where its coming from,but cos its a poxy place to look into.I will dig deeper and report back.Thanks again :rolleyes:

Full Colour Version: Water Leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.