Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
maverick1984
Car is a 2001 1.6 zetec.
What battery do i need. I see everywhere That it should be 063 but im sure i read somewhere that it should be 065? Is there somewhere i can check as i cant find it in my owners manual or the haynes book.
ukmayhem
[quote name='maverick1984' post='61372' date='Jan 23 2010, 09:52 PM']Car is a 2001 1.6 zetec.
What battery do i need. I see everywhere That it should be 063 but im sure i read somewhere that it should be 065? Is there somewhere i can check as i cant find it in my owners manual or the haynes book.[/quote]

Battery Type 063 and 065 are both suitable for a Focus 1.6 mate. The O65 just has a slightly higher capacity.
maverick1984
[quote name='ukmayhem' post='61382' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:22 PM']Battery Type 063 and 065 are both suitable for a Focus 1.6 mate. The O65 just has a slightly higher capacity.[/quote]

The car Idles slightly erratically and my lights dim sometimes under electrical load. Do you think the 065 would be better?
stef123
[quote name='maverick1984' post='61391' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:33 AM']The car Idles slightly erratically and my lights dim sometimes under electrical load. Do you think the 065 would be better?[/quote]

ahh, join the club.

me and a few others are having the erratic idle and dimming lights and are still looking for a solution to the problem. i doubt the size of the battery will have any affect though.
maverick1984
[quote name='stef123' post='61394' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:46 AM']ahh, join the club.

me and a few others are having the erratic idle and dimming lights and are still looking for a solution to the problem. i doubt the size of the battery will have any affect though.[/quote]

Yes i know, i have been reading the thread! I have done a few bits and even taken the car to Ford and had 2 diagnostics run. They relplaced a pipe behind the inlet manifold and they thought they cured it - They didnt. So today i have put on new HT leads and a new coil. Put a new battery on (type 063) and i have cleaned the throttle boddy with a toohbrush and carb cleaner.

I might take the battery back and replace it with a 065 and see if it makes any difference. If this dont work then i might replavce the alternator but i dont want to keep throwing money at this annoying niggle.
artscot79
[quote name='maverick1984' post='61397' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:53 AM']Yes i know, i have been reading the thread! I have done a few bits and even taken the car to Ford and had 2 diagnostics run. They relplaced a pipe behind the inlet manifold and they thought they cured it - They didnt. So today i have put on new HT leads and a new coil. Put a new battery on (type 063) and i have cleaned the throttle boddy with a toohbrush and carb cleaner.

I might take the battery back and replace it with a 065 and see if it makes any difference. If this dont work then i might replavce the alternator but i dont want to keep throwing money at this annoying niggle.[/quote]
the dimming will never be fixed bacause its normal its how the alternator works most cars do it why wont anybody listen lol sorry but this light dimming thing is normal read how a smart charge alternator works then youll understand why it occurs take it to an autio electrician and he will laugh at you and tell you the same just make sure the battery is lead calcium/silver calcium you can put a hundred alternators on it and iot wont make a difference mate it annoys me that people are wating money on something thats normal but its youre money i suppose

Full Colour Version: Battery
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.