Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: overhead courtesy light console
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
mr rugby

Hi Gang,
cmax 2009 titanium.

I want to remove the complete overhead console for access so that I can fit an lcd parking assist screen behind the flap where the dome rear mirror lives (a)
Other projects seem to show these already dropped.
I tried tugging at this today without success. I also tried to drop the submarine fitting. It unclipped and dropped about half/inch all the way around but jams up after this.
Looking at the photo, how do I,
1/ drop the whole fitting
2/ drop the submarine housing.
Are there any screws hidden or is everything clipped.

Cheers gang
mr rugby
kevmond
[quote name='mr rugby' date='24 January 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1264334237' post='61416']

Hi Gang,
cmax 2009 titanium.

I want to remove the complete overhead console for access so that I can fit an lcd parking assist screen behind the flap where the dome rear mirror lives (a)
Other projects seem to show these already dropped.
I tried tugging at this today without success. I also tried to drop the submarine fitting. It unclipped and dropped about half/inch all the way around but jams up after this.
Looking at the photo, how do I,
1/ drop the whole fitting
2/ drop the submarine housing.
Are there any screws hidden or is everything clipped.

Cheers gang
mr rugby
[/quote]
Hi, gently prise out the Interior light ( very small flat screwdriver either side ) and there is a couple of screws holding the whole thing up.
Good luck!
44Tony
Mr Rugby - could you let us have details of this mod when completed?

Thanks,
Tony
kevmond
Had my interior light out on Friday, there is a little metal tag in the middle at the rear of the lamp ( towards Mirror ) right where you cant get to, a small screwdriver in there and prise it out. Previously mentioned method also works as I was not aware of metal tag until I had lamp in my hands!

Full Colour Version: overhead courtesy light console
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.