Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alloy Wheel Warranty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Wheels & Tyres
Gazjs
Does Ford offer this and what is the period?
Thanks
mintalkin
the warrenty is only for 12 months as i found to my cost when my alloys started flaking at 18 months and thet said they are not covered because they are classed as trim.
Gazjs
Thanks for the reply, thought as much.
DONFRAMAC
FORD use the let-out term "trim", as a way out of honouring claims beyond 12 months much too readily, in fact they are a laughing-stock in the motor-trade. You won't find a Japanese manufacturer applying a 12-month limit on non-vital items. Even Rover gave me 3 new foam inserts in the back-rest of the driver's seat in my Rover 25 TD, until they got the density right.
A 3-year/60000 mile warranty should mean exactly that!!
I bought 3 Toyotas from 1994--2000, then a Yaris from 2003--2008. I should have stayed with them, as this "attitude" to warranty is onerous to say the least, and dealers have a habit of being ignorant & obstructive. (they still havn't cured the baulky IB5 gearbox,-- they just put special oil in it)

Full Colour Version: Alloy Wheel Warranty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615