Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this one:

Just bought a 2002 Tddi Zetec with 110k miles on it. Was going great for 1st week, then intercooler pipe split - replaced this straight away and goes really well again.

However it has now started to run really cool on the gauge (hardly makes the 1st marker on the gauge under light driving and JUST gets to mid marker if driven really hard but soon cools down again as soon as I back off the throttle). The heater has also started to be a little erratic - sometimes it heats, sometimes it just blows cold air.

Any suggestions or what's up or where to start? I read a few of the forums before buying and i'm sure i read something about a "diaphram" (thermostat???) causing these problems (therefore a cheap and easy repair) but i can't for the life of me find the forum now!?!?

On the subject of the heater, is there any way of stopping it automatically switching on the aircon EVERY time i turn the air direction to the screen?

Additionally, when revved up to about 2-2500 rpm it gets a loud "rattle" from the engine. This is only for a bit and if acceleration is continued then it goes past this and quietens down again.

Many thanks in advance.