Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is this site running so slow
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
fiesta_lad
Hi don't know if anybody is haveing the same problem but scence this website has changed it running really slow i know its not my computer because it runs fine on any other website any ideas on whats causeing it to run slow cheers.
bigjock
[quote name='fiesta_lad' date='28 January 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1264716504' post='62242']
Hi don't know if anybody is haveing the same problem but scence this website has changed it running really slow i know its not my computer because it runs fine on any other website any ideas on whats causeing it to run slow cheers.
[/quote]

same for me only i found it was getting slow prior to the change. all other forums i use are fine.
fiesta_lad
Yeh same here slowish the other day now it takes the pi**
Jonny87
[b]Agreed[/b]

Maybe the servers need renewing, and maybe more bandwidth?
thesilverfox
[quote name='fiesta_lad' date='28 January 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1264716504' post='62242']
[/quote]

Right now, the site is loading quite quickly for me at work, but it was certainly extremely pig slow before the forum upgrade, and this seems amplified since the changes that were made.

Peak times are practically impossible to browse at some points.

While the obvious thing to do is point at the server, it would stand to reason that we notice the speed get progressively worse, rather than almost overnight. Given that a number of the forum upgrades would have been sat behind the scenes waiting to be 'activiated', it makes me think that it's an SQL/database issue instead.
Michael P
For me, its obviously been a little slower over the last few days (understandably) but it's hunky dory now. Then again, i'm on 0.5kbps broadband!!
Steve
this problem has been sorted. This evening has been good.

Few reasons

Mysql Needed optimising
apache needed optimising
Peice of software we were running was creating a lot of queries
since sunday we have had a mass influx of search engines which hasnt helped.
errors in the database index which needed fixing

I am gonna close this thread now because this has been mentioned in other topics which is repeating itself. Thanks for pointing these out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615