Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum update requests
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Steve
I am opening this thread so member can throw in their requests in to one thread.

We will look at every request and try and sort out the forums look.

I don't want to see comments like "i dont like it" because thats not helping me and every forum upgrade i have done over 9 years has always upset a few. We cannot please everyone and most people get used to it in a jiffy.

What i would like to see is a really positive comment like:

"make the fonts bigger in the text area steve"
"its too bright, can we tone it down slightly"

And so on. I will then try and fix some things. I cannot promise everything but will try and do my best.

Also one last thing, where would you all like to see the latest posts link? please add that below your request, as this is one common thing everyone misses :)

cheers
aph1101
I have one small suggestion:
Would it be possible to move the google search bar down from the banner to the blue bar which says home, forums, photos, members, feedback? Apart from that, loving the new look :D

Cheers
Gazjs
Forum is really good as it is.
What is this "latest posts" link? Is it something I missed on the old forum :lol:
Jonny87
Looking good. Every time I log on there is something new. Keep it up :)
Steve
hope you guys like the videos, we are fine tuning the display of these.
vinnyvangough
The "Latest Posts" button is hidden behind the "Facebook" and "Twitter" icons, is this just my settings or something for everyone?

Well done Steve, looking cracking
Steve
[quote name='vinnyvangough' date='06 February 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1265473922' post='63773']
The "Latest Posts" button is hidden behind the "Facebook" and "Twitter" icons, is this just my settings or something for everyone?

Well done Steve, looking cracking
[/quote]

I see, what browser you using mate?? we will look in to that,
Mark M.K
Got a couple of problems/requests.

iphone cannot load the "home" page of the forum which i find odd. It works if i go to www.fordownersclub.com/forums but not if i go to www.fordownersclub.com.

And i like the carbon effect at the top, any chance of making the whole site the same colour?
Steve
[quote name='Mark M.K' date='06 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1265494048' post='63849']
Got a couple of problems/requests.

iphone cannot load the "home" page of the forum which i find odd. It works if i go to www.fordownersclub.com/forums but not if i go to www.fordownersclub.com.

And i like the carbon effect at the top, any chance of making the whole site the same colour?
[/quote]

We have already come across the iphone issue and have a ticket open with support at IPB, Thats something we want fixed for sure.

when you say the whole site, which parts did you have in mind?
Mark M.K
Maybe try changing the bits what are blue to the carbon effect like at the top. See what it looks like on your template before publishing it online?
vinnyvangough
[quote name='Steve' date='06 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1265492156' post='63840']
[/quote]

Using Internet Explorer 7

Aint tried it using Linux/Firefox yet
Bagheera
[quote name='Steve' date='06 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265492156' post='63840']
[/quote]

IE 8 too conceals the Latest Posts button...And is it possible to reduce the length of blank spaces - like you can in Word as if arranging paragraphs?
Jonny87
[quote name='Bagheera' date='07 February 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1265570144' post='63999']
IE 8 too conceals the Latest Posts button...And is it possible to reduce the length of blank spaces - like you can in Word as if arranging paragraphs?
[/quote]

I am also running IE8. It shows the forum 100% correct for me, maybe your settings need changing?
skyman114
All good so far finding my way around but would still like a "THANKS" button under every post......THANKS !!!

Full Colour Version: Forum update requests
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.