Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance Claim
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
DAM13N
Hello to all

to start with im not a happy bunny, yesterday afternoon i spent the best part of 3 hours making my car look glamerous and very shiney i decide to pop down to asda and i park my car a million miles away from every other idiot out there. I then come back and my font bumper is in bits all over the place so i run over to see if i was seeing right... i cudnt believe it.. some twit has reversed and slipped of the clutch and BANG straight into the front.

apart from not being very happy about it, the guy was sitting in his car awaiting me to arrive back - very good of him eh? swaped insurance details and so on..

anyway what happens when you make a claim? does a inspector come along and check the car is what i said the car was? because i have done a couple of things to it i.e clear indicators bumpers/wing and blue bulbs etc.. will this effect anything when i make a claim on this guy's insurance or will it not? does a inspector or insurance man even come out? to view my car?
paulworthing
Depends on your company - tbh when I last had to claim, the company told me to take my MINI into the local BMW garage and they did it all from there - in fact, not sure I have ever had an assessor come out . . .

The onky way to find out is to give them a call
catch
[quote name='DAM13N' date='30 January 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1264873394' post='62522']
Hello to all
i decide to pop down to asda and i park my car a million miles away from every other idiot out there. I then come back and my font bumper is in bits all over the place so i run over to see if i was seeing right... i cudnt believe it.. some twit has reversed and slipped of the clutch and BANG straight into the front.

apart from not being very happy about it, [b]the guy was sitting in his car awaiting me to arrive back - very good of him eh?[/b] swaped insurance details and so on..

[/quote]

[b]Not such a twit after all then.[/b]
DAM13N
[quote name='catch' date='30 January 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1264882729' post='62555']
[b]Not such a twit after all then.[/b]
[/quote]

yea the guy is a twit for hitting my car.... i mean look at all the hassle i have now getting it repaired etc, but hes not such a twit for waiting i no some people wouldnt bother...
mintalkin
this might be a dodgy situation for you due to the upgrades you made, did you inform your insurance about them ?, the car could be repaired in standard format or the insurance could wipe there hands of it due to the park at your own risk covering most supermarket car parks.be nice to the insurance company.
DAM13N
Yeh it is a sticky situation im in... im sure i`ll sort it some how.... "for sale ford focus mk1 50k F/F/S/H" LOL
DanGull
DAM13N - you need to read the language policy on FOC, keep the language more savoury please.
stef123
because it wasnt you who caused the damage, i think you will be ok. probably tell you to go to a bodyshop for them to assess it. as it wasnt involved in a big smash where someone was hurt, i cant see them coming out to look at it.
maverick1984
I used to do breakdown recovery for the several major firms. I heard a story where one of the chaps went to pick up a broken down Saxo. When he arrived he noticed that the car had been lowered and had a body kit on it. He tried to get the car on the back of the wagons ramp but kept catching the fromt splitter. He rang control and they phoned the Saxo drivers insurance company (who the saxo driver had his breakdown cover through as part of his policy) to make sure that we would not be held accountable for any damage that we might cause due to the car being so low.

His insurance company was never informed that the car had been modified as this person had it insured as a bog standard 1.1. His insurance was cancelled immediatly and we never took him anywhere.

Always best to be honest with any mods as the insurance company may do there best to not pay out.
DAM13N
DanGull - ive noted what you said... will admit bit over the top for a forum, but in my defence you can understand my situation and how angry and frustrated i am... lol but i know what your saying... cheers for your help peeps will know more tomorrow when it all can be sorted...

thanks all

Damien

Full Colour Version: Insurance Claim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.