Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuning Kits
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ford focus edge
Hi again all its been a while since i last posted any questions and tbh im expecting a bunch of "nope theres none" but i was wondering if there are any tuning kits for the mk1 focus just like speclised companys who do ford styling packs etc other than pumaspeed. I mean like vauxhall have imshirmer ford dont seem to have any so do any of you guys and girls have any ideas if there are such kits avable to buy today?

Cheers for all replys Mike
bt_cav
I have been thinking the same, When I think of ford styling I think of ford RS COSWORTH and XR/XRI'S ect...

ahh the good old days lol
artscot79
[quote name='bt_cav' date='31 January 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1264958220' post='62661']
I have been thinking the same, When I think of ford styling I think of ford RS COSWORTH and XR/XRI'S ect...

ahh the good old days lol
[/quote]
i dont think there is anymore plenty of companies in the states but i couldnt find a dedicated ford one
ford focus edge
Its a joke really ive seen a mint kit going round but they dont make it anymore and its like trying to find hens teeth only really wanted a splitter kit and a set of mp3 alloys, Ive found a website where you can order the collection bumpers (pre-facelift and 2001 onwards versions) but there asking near enough 600 quid not painted or fitted and no way in hell could i justify spending that on plastic,mesh and foglights. I throw in the towel my focus is geting left alone for abit now lol! famout last words

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='01 February 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1265033333' post='62834']
Its a joke really ive seen a mint kit going round but they dont make it anymore and its like trying to find hens teeth only really wanted a splitter kit and a set of mp3 alloys, Ive found a website where you can order the collection bumpers (pre-facelift and 2001 onwards versions) but there asking near enough 600 quid not painted or fitted and no way in hell could i justify spending that on plastic,mesh and foglights. I throw in the towel my focus is geting left alone for abit now lol! famout last words

Mike
[/quote]

there are plenty of kits but for example an rs arch extender is 100 each so on the sites i found a full rs bodykit worked out at 800-1000 before fitting and painting as for splitters forget them my mates focus had them and theyve been repainted 100 times cracked broken and replaced cos of britians great roads his is low and with the splitter when we had bad snow he couldnt drive through it as it was up to the level of the splitter he did try and it was ripped off the collection and rs bumpers are very expensive no matter where you go even on us sites they are over 1000dollars
ford focus edge
I dont see why companys havent cottoned on to this niche market vauxhalls have hundreds of companys people want to mod there fords but the lack pf parts restrics you so much and if im honest id sooner cut my hands of than buy from amercia alot of the stuff is for us spec focus's which from memory most are 2.3's. The best amercian ford tuner's i have seen is a company in florida that convert the focus to RWD and fit the mustang gt500 engine with either n/a tuning, turbo charger's or superchargers along with either a manual gearbox or auto (typical yanks) id love to have that done to mine if you search it on youtube there are some on there!!

Mike

Full Colour Version: Tuning Kits
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.