Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie knowledge cram.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
sammyt002
ok hey guys im a newbie here, i dont actually own a ka yet, but i do have my eye out for one, basically being a bit of a petrol head im in search for something a little bit different, i know conversions have been done to extremes on the little hatch but im lookig for information on engines, suspension setups and anything else i should know about doing a conversion on a ka,

which engines will go in with a slight bit of shoehorning, nothing stupid, i dont mind changing a mount or 2, but i dont want to have to spend 100's of pounds on fabricating new chasis legs ect,

i know that its never going to be easy putting something big in, and i did consider using my current engine from my fiesta but i dont feel it will give ,me that WOW factor im looking for, just by reshelling it.

any help appreciated. :P

sammyt002
delboy
[quote name='sammyt002' post='2046' date='Jul 7 2008, 07:19 PM']ok hey guys im a newbie here, i dont actually own a ka yet, but i do have my eye out for one, basically being a bit of a petrol head im in search for something a little bit different, i know conversions have been done to extremes on the little hatch but im lookig for information on engines, suspension setups and anything else i should know about doing a conversion on a ka,

which engines will go in with a slight bit of shoehorning, nothing stupid, i dont mind changing a mount or 2, but i dont want to have to spend 100's of pounds on fabricating new chasis legs ect,

i know that its never going to be easy putting something big in, and i did consider using my current engine from my fiesta but i dont feel it will give ,me that WOW factor im looking for, just by reshelling it.

any help appreciated. :P

sammyt002[/quote]

the ka is based on the ford fiesta & use the fiesta engines so you should be ok with
a fiesta engine as it's the same &s the running gear is the same & the same for the puma.
ask about for the puma engine but that may well be the same engine the ka uses
sammyt002
ok cheers but what i was really hoping to use was a 2litre 16v fomr a mondeo or such like, as these are cheaper lumps and im always on a budget, plus even the frp puma engines take a fair bit work to get anywhere near the power im looking at, where as i allready have a few bits for a zetec 2litre engine, such as a bike carb conversion manifold, a 4 branch echaust ect, what sort of similarities do these engines have to the puma blocks?

Full Colour Version: newbie knowledge cram.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.