Mick J

Budding Enthusiast
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Mick J

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • First Name

Profile Information

  • Ford Model
    Mk2 Focus Estate
  • Ford Year
  • UK/Ireland Location
  • Annual Mileage
    0 to 5000
  1. Thanks for the advice, Povo, ippy & salsheikh. I reseated and cleaned the oily end of the hose, unable to see any splits if there are any, other end of hose jubilee clip screw is under the hose unable to reach just now. Will replace hose with new and new clips. Should I be looking to replace the front hose as well ? - looks a more difficult manoeuvre !
  2. Looking over the back of the engine I noticed this hose and the oil that is making a mess over the hose and metal under the map sensor hose (I have the Haynes out). I have managed to tighten the jubilee clip slightly. Not knowing much about these things, is there anything I should be looking for or concerned about. Thanks
  3. Update to above, soaked the car with the garden hose yesterday, left for a bit and still dry inside so seem to have sorted it. smeared silicone over some of the metal inside using a small paint brush. Cut a bit more off the rubber foot at the rear end of the roof bars to clear the silicone and allow better flow. Just releasing the rear fixing for the roof bar allowed the back of the bar to lift 50 to 60mm, rubber foot just pulls down and off, still unsure how end trim fixes to bar. Rooflining now back in, bigger struggle that taking out, would not recommend, managed to snap one of the push in fixings on one of the covers, catch that one later. I found a tub of builders/paintersanddecorators wipes really good with the silicone, gets it off fingers and bodywork where its not wanted.
  4. Pat, I had the headlining out, lot of work, but was really banging my head on this one. I found taking the nut and attached washer from the track at the back and above the rear seat (above middle of door) on each side allowed me to slip a piece of timber under the track and get a good view of the channel. (the bolt is captive in the track and has some rubber seating). I had one track completely off but could not see how to remove the plastic ends, the 2" square rubber part at the rear just pulled down and off. A pin hole and some cracking could be seen on the drivers side channel, just a bit of cracking other side, I was getting water from both sides, drivers side worse. We could spray water into pin hole and see immediately water inside, some running along folds and layers of the steel bracing. Pin hole was/is on the joint where one sheet folds over and joins another. I smeared more silicone sealer over the area yesterday and will be out with the hose pipe later today (April 1st), will add to this thread the final result.
  5. Have the same problem on our Mk2 estate, this winter lots of water into the spare wheel tray, rear matt and trim soaking wet !! After hours on the hose pipe, all trim out in back of car, head lining out. I suspect there was always some water getting in !! Resorted to using a small garden spray with pinpoint jet over back of car, no ingress around rear lamps or hinges only higher up towards the end of T tracks, could be seen running across inside layers of steel to drip from folds in the steel away from the cracks/holes. Removed one T track, 3 bolts, but just taking the rear 2 would allow access to channel, as above found small (tiny) cracks and hole in joint under rear end of the T track, covered in silicone both outside and inside, For small holes a large amount of water was let in, I know this winter has been wet - but !! The rubber foot at the rear of the T track pulls off easy and I am cutting the bottom of the flap to allow water to escape quicker, I still have fingers crossed on this, and will keep trim out and silicone gun handy for a few weeks. will update if needed. Hope this helps someone