Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus cc

will_cc3

Hi im a new ford owner just bought my focus cc 2.0ltr and its doing my head in already it looks the part but christ is it slow any one throw some ideas my way as im also new to the modding scene was thinking if i could get the rs engine to go in would this help????

Hi im a new ford owner just bought my focus cc 2.0ltr and its doing my head in already it looks the part but christ is it slow any one throw some ideas my way as im also new to the modding scene was thinking if i could get the rs engine to go in would this help????

Assuming you have the petrol 2.0? The diesel was a better option for most, as the extra weight put on was easily dealt with by the torquey 2.0 TDCi.

And you refer to putting an RS engine in there ... if doubling power output doesn't help, then god help us all. If you mean the MKII RS engine, then good luck finding one for sensible cash (+loom, diff, etc). I'd personlly not bother trying to make the CC quicker - it'll be negligible in most cases and quite expensive.

Assuming you have the petrol 2.0? The diesel was a better option for most, as the extra weight put on was easily dealt with by the torquey 2.0 TDCi.

And you refer to putting an RS engine in there ... if doubling power output doesn't help, then god help us all. If you mean the MKII RS engine, then good luck finding one for sensible cash (+loom, diff, etc). I'd personlly not bother trying to make the CC quicker - it'll be negligible in most cases and quite expensive.

each to there own i think they are ugly personally but as for power they are pretty slow and have been slagged by the motoring press for being so only the diesels are decent companies such as burton power are pros they can rebuild and sell fully tuned engines that will slot in with a 0-60 time thats a full second slower than its 8 year old 1.8 zetec rival ide be tempted to get something done as well but sadly its very expensive just to get an extra 10bhp out of it take it back and get the tdci after major searching no the rs wont fit

Agree with the others on this one. To be able to get a noticable power increase you will probably have to spend a lot of money and it won't just be a simple case of remapping the engine as normally aspirated petrol engines are not as 'tunable' in this regard as turbo charged diesels where the increases from mapping/ chipping can be healthy.

i have got the 1.6TDCI focus (109bhp) and for a diesel the power is impressive, i havent ever driven a petrol focus, but everyone i speak to prefers the turbo diesel for the torque, i am having mine re-mapped soon (dont no if this is an option with the petrol engines??). the only other mods i would consider to free up a bit of power would be a performance airfilter (ive got a K&N panel filter in my airbox), and a 3" stainless steel exhaust system with performance backbox which i have done, and it has give a little bit more power (the exhaust makes the turbo whisle sound louder)

i have got the 1.6TDCI focus (109bhp) and for a diesel the power is impressive, i havent ever driven a petrol focus, but everyone i speak to prefers the turbo diesel for the torque, i am having mine re-mapped soon (dont no if this is an option with the petrol engines??). the only other mods i would consider to free up a bit of power would be a performance airfilter (ive got a K&N panel filter in my airbox), and a 3" stainless steel exhaust system with performance backbox which i have done, and it has give a little bit more power (the exhaust makes the turbo whisle sound louder)

the petrol can be chipped but the gains versus the price arent worth it and most chips will void the warranty anyway as for exhaust a full stainless system for that car will be hundreds you could easily spend 600-700 quid for an extra 5-10hp increase which will make it as quick 0-60 as the standard 1.8 zetec engine thats a lot of cash for an extra second or so the cc is so top heavy really it needs a tdci engine in it at least that way what you lose in hp you gain in torque the petrols have been slagged by every motoring magazine as dull slow and irritating so why ford didnt just stick to diesels i dont know and with 27mpg it wouldnt have been my choice with current fuel prices the more you add ie exhausts etc the more fuel you will use and with 27mpg thats summat you dont want i have tio admit im not that impressed with fords new engines the zetec and duratorq were proven engines the newer ones maybe because of emissions are underpowered and slow and there seem to be more problems with them making diesels the safer option

thanks for the responces but i am hell bent on making this thing as quick as my bank will allow it lol. i am preperd just to throw money at it the only reason i didnt buy the derv burner because i just prefer petrol. would love the 6 speed that the derv has got tho. i have a performance air filter already and a dtm twin exhaust at the mo. does any one no because the cc is basickly a volvo would a galaxy 3.2 v8 fit in it with obviously alot of tinkering????

thanks for the responces but i am hell bent on making this thing as quick as my bank will allow it lol. i am preperd just to throw money at it the only reason i didnt buy the derv burner because i just prefer petrol. would love the 6 speed that the derv has got tho. i have a performance air filter already and a dtm twin exhaust at the mo. does any one no because the cc is basickly a volvo would a galaxy 3.2 v8 fit in it with obviously alot of tinkering????

if you have the cash and you are serious contact burton power as to what is possible they know there stuff and can advise you better than anyone just remember if a volvo engine was possible youll need a new ecu etc the costs can easily run into thousands of pounds http://www.burtonpower.com/ or since you have the 2litre duratec engine you can dribble at these 270bhp engines that can be built and fitted http://www.minister-power.com/minister_power_pages/new_engs_2litre_range_duratec.htm

if you have the cash and you are serious contact burton power as to what is possible they know there stuff and can advise you better than anyone just remember if a volvo engine was possible youll need a new ecu etc the costs can easily run into thousands of pounds http://www.burtonpower.com/ or since you have the 2litre duratec engine you can dribble at these 270bhp engines that can be built and fitted http://www.minister-power.com/minister_power_pages/new_engs_2litre_range_duratec.htm

Hi there thanks mate for the info ill get onto them. do u no of any meets in the newcastle area? im new to the whole going to meets etc mutch thanks will

Just throwing this one in here guys but if your going to do an engine drop, the st engine would be my choice (2.5t 225bhp with a dream science remap) that would make it shift trust me lol. Or what about an acctual volvo engine 2.3 turbo t5 unit approx 250bhp and a smaller unit than the st one.

This would cost an absoutle bomb of course and personally i dont think itd be worth it if you wanted a focus that went like the clappers you should of got a st or an rs the cc is for posers :lol: imo. My cus had a dark blue cc-3 2.0 and she sold it with in 3 months and went back to a mk2 tdci sport lol women!.

Mike

Just throwing this one in here guys but if your going to do an engine drop, the st engine would be my choice (2.5t 225bhp with a dream science remap) that would make it shift trust me lol. Or what about an acctual volvo engine 2.3 turbo t5 unit approx 250bhp and a smaller unit than the st one.

This would cost an absoutle bomb of course and personally i dont think itd be worth it if you wanted a focus that went like the clappers you should of got a st or an rs the cc is for posers :lol: imo. My cus had a dark blue cc-3 2.0 and she sold it with in 3 months and went back to a mk2 tdci sport lol women!.

Mike

i agree it is a posers car i just like the way it looks lol i didnt think about the volvo t5 engine sounds like a plan ill have a good look into that thanks for that

i agree it is a posers car i just like the way it looks lol i didnt think about the volvo t5 engine sounds like a plan ill have a good look into that thanks for that

Unless you can do the work yourself, be prepared to spend an utter fortune dropping in another engine (T5/ST225 or otherwise).

If it were me, I'd think about what I want more: the looks, or the performance. If the latter, trade in for an ST and start from there, as it'd be a far better drive and a lot less money.

However, a modded CC, done properly, could be interesting. Emphasis on 'properly' there - half-arsed effort would be dreadful and impossible to sell on. More so if the roof leaks - Ford salesman told me outright that the CC was worth avoiding as just about every one they have sold has had some ingress issues.

Unless you can do the work yourself, be prepared to spend an utter fortune dropping in another engine (T5/ST225 or otherwise).

If it were me, I'd think about what I want more: the looks, or the performance. If the latter, trade in for an ST and start from there, as it'd be a far better drive and a lot less money.

However, a modded CC, done properly, could be interesting. Emphasis on 'properly' there - half-arsed effort would be dreadful and impossible to sell on. More so if the roof leaks - Ford salesman told me outright that the CC was worth avoiding as just about every one they have sold has had some ingress issues.

What would the chassis be like though with all that power going through it i know when you convert a corsa to a redtop you need to strengthen everything first otherwise itl just f**k the car completly and the traction im assuming once you get the power your going to "have some fun" with it.

The best combo i found being insurable, quick, comfey and stylish is the *shudders* vauxhall astra coupe 1.8 which can be modded to high holey hell with little effort dont get me wrong i LOVE ford to me vauxhalls are cack just happen to have a soft spot for the coupe's lol.

On the leaking roof's i have worked at ford and seen cc's come in by the transporter load and come straight back with leaking roof's. Also dont they do a 1.6 cc because if the 2.0 is slow what the hell would that be like.

Mike

You can only get the 2.0 petrol in the CC and I believe the diesel is the same. Obviously ford aren't convinced of the power available from smaller engines too.

As for the chassis, well, the standard Focus chassis can deal with the T5 in the ST, so I would think the CC should be capable. That said, it is a tin-opener, so not sure what affect the roof down has on the rest of the chassis.

You can only get the 2.0 petrol in the CC and I believe the diesel is the same. Obviously ford aren't convinced of the power available from smaller engines too.

As for the chassis, well, the standard Focus chassis can deal with the T5 in the ST, so I would think the CC should be capable. That said, it is a tin-opener, so not sure what affect the roof down has on the rest of the chassis.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200949347694348/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/body-type/convertible/model/focus/make/ford/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/ch38ep?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fused%2Fcars%2Fford%2Ffocus%2Fpostcode%2Fch38ep%2Fradius%2F1501%2Fengine-size-cars%2F1-4l_to_1-6l%2Fbody-type%2Fconvertible%2Fpage%2F1%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&logcode=p

Found a 1.6 cc :P muahaha. Thats what i mean with the top of surley itl flex with all that power running through it i know the older saab 9-3 convertables and the c70 volvo were bad for it

Mike

Yikes ... 1.6 petrol? I can scarcely believe my eyes.

0=60 13 odd seconds my old 1.2 r reg punto with 68bhp was quicker

0=60 13 odd seconds my old 1.2 r reg punto with 68bhp was quicker

I think the phrase a pile .... of applies to a cc focus 1.6 my little edge with the knn on is running 10 odd

Mike

I think the phrase a pile .... of applies to a cc focus 1.6 my little edge with the knn on is running 10 odd

Mike

1.6 0-60 =13.6 secs mpg 30/ 2.0 petrol=10.30 mpg 27/ 2litre tdci=10.3sec mpg 37 insurance group 11e for all but 1.6 which is 8e

yet im running 9.2seconds and 37mpg on a 8yr old 1.8zetec costing brand new 8 grand less

top gear said about the car The world would definitely be a slightly better place if cars like this didn’t exist.'

Unequivocally no, the Focus CC is not cool. Convertibles seldom are, folding tin-tops almost never. This is a car for female retirees, none of whom is reading this

top gear not my words and apparently the mk1 focus outhandles it as well so i doubt it could take the power

1.6 0-60 =13.6 secs mpg 30/ 2.0 petrol=10.30 mpg 27/ 2litre tdci=10.3sec mpg 37 insurance group 11e for all but 1.6 which is 8e

yet im running 9.2seconds and 37mpg on a 8yr old 1.8zetec costing brand new 8 grand less

top gear said about the car The world would definitely be a slightly better place if cars like this didn’t exist.'

Unequivocally no, the Focus CC is not cool. Convertibles seldom are, folding tin-tops almost never. This is a car for female retirees, none of whom is reading this

top gear not my words and apparently the mk1 focus outhandles it as well so i doubt it could take the power

We take it you hate the CC then lmao. Cant say as im a fan my cus's was a true blue cc-3 with cream leather it looked stunning but was so bloodey slow my 1.6 on a good run would give it a kicking but i can only just keep with her tdci (2.0 136ps) if i absoutly cain it like theres no tommrow. How the hell are you getting 37mpg im getting around 32 on the day to day cycle with a heavy foot.

Mike

We take it you hate the CC then lmao. Cant say as im a fan my cus's was a true blue cc-3 with cream leather it looked stunning but was so bloodey slow my 1.6 on a good run would give it a kicking but i can only just keep with her tdci (2.0 136ps) if i absoutly cain it like theres no tommrow. How the hell are you getting 37mpg im getting around 32 on the day to day cycle with a heavy foot.

Mike

kids in the back stops me from being heavy footed when im on my own i will i do hate the cc but like i saiod each to there own i just cant believe they are so slow its the equivelant of pulling up at the traffic lights and up pulls a corsa say with smart bodykit etc looks the part then it trys to race you and you find its a 1.2 with a bolt on filter and as you dissapear into the bluer yonder you wonder what was the point spending thousands on the look when it has no go that is the cc to me style but no substance and appasling economy and looks

i found this digi mod of a cc abit on the low rider side but looks pritty nice. going over to revs over gateshead today to see how mutch some new springs will cost and looking at uni lampo door hindges aswell keeping the standard 17s on for the min

still abit lost on which way to go on the engine starting to think i should of just got the r.s or the second hand st500 in arnold clarks

post-12109-126537003881_thumb.jpg

i found this digi mod of a cc abit on the low rider side but looks pritty nice. going over to revs over gateshead today to see how mutch some new springs will cost and looking at uni lampo door hindges aswell keeping the standard 17s on for the min

still abit lost on which way to go on the engine starting to think i should of just got the r.s or the second hand st500 in arnold clarks

before you do that i just want to make you aware of a few truths the car has more flex in it due to the drop top if you put lambo doors on youll increase the flex even more also lambo doors have a tendency to move at high speed and are fraught with problems one being that it puts stress on the new door anchor points even proffesionally fitted of course they will tell you that its fine but in truth its not also if youre hit side on on that door the new stress point is basically the dash and the front of the car instead of the strengthened pillars so the front will crumble engine wise youre stuck i went to a mate who tunes cars at his garage and he said a bigger engine is possible however the front will need to be strengthened and the suspension will need torn apart and upgrasded along with braces on the front and rear the brakes will also need changed the gear box would be fine he estimated the cost of an rs engine in the crate and what would need to be done in the region of 7k including rolling road remaps etc depending then it will need bodyshop work in his professional opinion dont bother putting more power into it as its a waste of money you could have a bigger engined car for less he would take it back and see what can be done to get summat else

before you do that i just want to make you aware of a few truths the car has more flex in it due to the drop top if you put lambo doors on youll increase the flex even more also lambo doors have a tendency to move at high speed and are fraught with problems one being that it puts stress on the new door anchor points even proffesionally fitted of course they will tell you that its fine but in truth its not also if youre hit side on on that door the new stress point is basically the dash and the front of the car instead of the strengthened pillars so the front will crumble engine wise youre stuck i went to a mate who tunes cars at his garage and he said a bigger engine is possible however the front will need to be strengthened and the suspension will need torn apart and upgrasded along with braces on the front and rear the brakes will also need changed the gear box would be fine he estimated the cost of an rs engine in the crate and what would need to be done in the region of 7k including rolling road remaps etc depending then it will need bodyshop work in his professional opinion dont bother putting more power into it as its a waste of money you could have a bigger engined car for less he would take it back and see what can be done to get summat else

thanks for the info on the lambo doors mate i am seriously thinking of getting summit else now im slightly gutted because i realy do like the car even tho it handles like an aircraft carrier and goes as fast as one lol

thanks for the info on the lambo doors mate i am seriously thinking of getting summit else now im slightly gutted because i realy do like the car even tho it handles like an aircraft carrier and goes as fast as one lol

Get a mk3 st-2 3door its a combo of style and performance + u can mod them easily or send it of to montune to get the "st260" kit put on which means its faster in the gears than an rs (dont ask me how was just reading the bumf) OR just make do with the cc i cant upgrade from my 1.6 yet because im a student and my insurance is thru the roof :angry: we all have to make comprmises mate if you really like the car you shudalnt be to arsed about the lack of performance

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club