Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Frozen White Mk7 Zetec S with Satin Black Front Grilles

rocky1722

Here's a few pics of my Mk7 Zetec S with the front grilles sprayed Satin Black.

It's the best pics I could get tonight, will post up better ones on Friday hopefully.

DSC04802a.jpg

DSC04803a.jpg

DSC04804a.jpg

DSC04805a.jpg

Now with better daytime pics. :)

Firstly here's a pic of the grilles before they were sprayed to give you a comparison. ;)

DSC04514a.jpg

And now with them sprayed. :D

DSC04824a.jpg

DSC04827a.jpg

DSC04829a.jpg

DSC04831a.jpg

DSC04833a.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen.

The photos are really poo. Can't even tell if they've been sprayed. If it's anything like others that have been done then it will look excellent. Look forward to seeing some better pics :)

Yes the photos don't show it off at it's best. Daylight pics should look much better plus I can polish them up to get them a bit shinier.

There's definately a difference as my sprayer had a normal Fiesta grille there to show me the difference.

Excellent! :)

How much did it cost you? Also how many coats of primer and paint did they put down?

Yes the photos don't show it off at it's best. Daylight pics should look much better plus I can polish them up to get them a bit shinier.

There's definately a difference as my sprayer had a normal Fiesta grille there to show me the difference.

Hate to ask this but why are you trying to shine them up when you got a Satin finish, which is basically one step off a full Matt finish?

looks good :) did you get the rear diffuser done aswell? where did you get it done and how much ?

Just got it done by a local sprayer I know who does it at home. Cost me £110.

Haven't done the rear diffuser as I've bought another type.

Stephen.

Hate to ask this but why are you trying to shine them up when you got a Satin finish, which is basically one step off a full Matt finish?

I wanted a satin look which I have got but he mentioned I can apply polish if I want to get a wee bit of a shine. I just didn't want the full gloss look.

Excellent! :)

How much did it cost you? Also how many coats of primer and paint did they put down?

£110, not sure on how many coats etc, all I know is there's a coat of lacquer on it to finish off.

I wanted a satin look which I have got but he mentioned I can apply polish if I want to get a wee bit of a shine. I just didn't want the full gloss look.

Ahh right cool, been thnking of a few paint jobs myself either black gloss, but was thnking of a few white spots in the rear diffuser, trying ot find a good piccy of teh back to Photoshop some details in too give an idea.

Just got it done by a local sprayer I know who does it at home. Cost me £110.

Haven't done the rear diffuser as I've bought another type.

Stephen.

hows it going with the diffuser stephen any joy getting it to fit

Any daylight pics? The fogs look good even though its in the dark

Also what rear diffuser have you got?

Hopefully get the car washed tomorrow and post some daylight pics up late afternoon. ;)

I've bought a Stoffler rear diffuser. :huh:

Stephen

Hopefully get the car washed tomorrow and post some daylight pics up late afternoon. ;)

I've bought a Stoffler rear diffuser. :huh:

Stephen

I thought the Stoffler was designed to fit non-ZS models? Did you have to remove the entire rear body kit to install it? :unsure:

hows it going with the diffuser stephen any joy getting it to fit

1st problem is the fitting instructions are in German, tried translating through google but still not making much sense.

2nd problem is I thought it maybe had to bond to the rear diffuser as on Fiesta base models (the smooth type) as the Stoffler one has no clips on it. Since found out supposedly the Zetec S diffuser has to come off and the Stoffler one must bond to a bit of the bumper. In touch with someone who's got one fitted already on a Zetec S however he's not sure yet how the bodyshop got on fitting it although he thinks it wasn't straightforward.

3rd problem is the rear quarter skirts would need to be removed which would leave 6 holes showing on the rear bumper and the Stoffler one doesn't look as if it would cover the holes which would mean filling the holes and spraying the whole bumper as well as the new diffuser.

So much for what I thought would be a straight replacement part. :angry:

I could be wrong, just waiting for word back. As soon as I know anymore I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Now with better daytime pics and a comparison added to the bottom of my original post on Page 1. :D

Now with better daytime pics and a comparison added to the bottom of my original post on Page 1. :D

Looks good, a bit more subtle compared to gloss. Shame about the poor light, doesn't show it to its best.

Looks good, a bit more subtle compared to gloss. Shame about the poor light, doesn't show it to its best.

Yes today hasn't been the best of days, very dull. :(

Looking good. Where did you get you custom number plate from?

Looking good. Where did you get you custom number plate from?

I got my number plates from www.demonplates.com :)

Much better pics!, shame about the crap weather hiding them the fog a re most noticable in them to me........my waiting for it excitment just started to settle, im so glad I choose white!

• 1 year later...

Looks really well. I am thinking about going all black plastics and wing mirrors and black wheels?

Marc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club