Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus or fiesta cant choose on this situation?

justinbarrow

I was looking at a focus td di on a 1999 plate with 100,000 miles on it but when we went to view although the engine and gearbox are great the body work isnt, it has rust starting to form on the bottom of all 4 doors and also the bottom of the boot, The wheel arches are starting to also bubble but we like the car but worried about this rust. Ok they say the diesel engine will go forever but dont want to buy it if the body is going to crumble in a year or so. Just looking for some pointers on this.

The other car is a 2001 fiesta 1.3 basic push rod engine but the bodywork is mint even the sills (not one bit of rust) it also has full ford service history with all receipts and has done 51,000 miles with the current owner having the car for 5 years.

The only thing that is bothering me is the fiesta has nothing (no central locking, electric windows or air con etc) but has full history with good body work.

What should i go for as they are both the same price but i would like the focus but its the bodywork (rust on its doors and arches) that are getting to me as i dont want to be forking out on repairs not long after i have had it so to speak but then the fiesta seems very basic.

which one would I be best going for? any help with this would be great, thanks.

The only thing that is bothering me is the fiesta has nothing (no central locking, electric windows or air con etc) but has full history with good body work.

If these are the only things that are bothering you, then consider that these are exactly the things that are about to start going wrong on a car of this age. So these are good things that you should be happy about :)

My opinion: Go for the Fiesta

Before you take any vehicle into consideration, what exactly are your needs?

If you need to transport stuff or put people in the back, is a Fiesta big enough? Is the Focus too big for what you need? Do you need the creature comforts the Focus might have? The rust you mention is quite common on the older models of Focus and in theory, is easily put right.

That said, would you want to, knowing rust could appear later on again?

Before you take any vehicle into consideration, what exactly are your needs?

If you need to transport stuff or put people in the back, is a Fiesta big enough? Is the Focus too big for what you need? Do you need the creature comforts the Focus might have? The rust you mention is quite common on the older models of Focus and in theory, is easily put right.

That said, would you want to, knowing rust could appear later on again?

rust is down to the owner personally i clear waxoyl behind and inside all my doors also the arches the rust on the arch is down to that carpet junk ford put in it just soaks up water but it can be sorted i removed all mine underseal/waxoyl all of the behind area the carpet covers then done the cxarpet as well 3 coats till it was thick and covered back and front now the water doesnt soak in also up the back of the arches have been done its not expensive to fix the rusty bits fiestas i dont like fixed way too many of them ide say focus

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club