4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Mc

Mike Mc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hi All,

Newbie here, but I have just been reading through some of the topics on here and make for great reading!

I own a Ford Focus 1.8 2002 style.

I have owned the car for around 2 years and have never had to put any work in which I am quite thankful for, however recently I started getting some noises occasionally whilst driving.

I had to go a fair distance yesterday and started getting noises whilst on the motorway. I took the car to a local garage where they saw the forward driver's side brakes had been dragging, along with a rear bearing needing replaced.

After the work had finished the car was working perfectly, but after driving 75 miles whenever I take a corner there is a loud squeal coming from the front wheels.

Does anyone mechanically minded have any idea as to what could be causing the problem? and a resolution if possible? :D

Regards,
Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hi All,

Newbie here, but I have just been reading through some of the topics on here and make for great reading!

I have owned the car for around 2 years and have never had to put any work in which I am quite thankful for, however recently I started getting some noises occasionally whilst driving.

I had to go a fair distance yesterday and started getting noises whilst on the motorway. I took the car to a local garage where they saw the forward driver's side brakes had been dragging, along with a rear bearing needing replaced.

After the work had finished the car was working perfectly, but after driving 75 miles whenever I take a corner there is a loud squeal coming from the front wheels.

Does anyone mechanically minded have any idea as to what could be causing the problem? and a resolution if possible? Posted Image

Regards,
Mike

if thebrakes were dragging its possible you now have a warped brake disk and enough heat could have done the front bearing in its also possible the front brakes are still dragging

#3 Bagheera

Bagheera

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: C
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2 1.6 TDCI Ghia
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone mechanically minded have any idea as to what could be causing the problem? and a resolution if possible? :D

Regards,
Mike

It may result from the wear of the Z-rods on the front. The ends are made of rubber, and they can wear, so they may need to be renewed.

#4 Mike Mc

Mike Mc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses, when the car was in they did check the pads and discs and the guy said they were okay.

I will have a look in to getting the Z rods checked. Luckily the squeal has not came back today, so I am semi-wondering of perhaps water has gotten in somewhere.

Regards,
Mike

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses, when the car was in they did check the pads and discs and the guy said they were okay.

I will have a look in to getting the Z rods checked. Luckily the squeal has not came back today, so I am semi-wondering of perhaps water has gotten in somewhere.

Regards,
Mike

possible or grease from when they were doing the brakes

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users