Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant lock my mk2

ford focus edge

Hi again all, my mum's beloved mk2 has started to go wrong after about 7yrs of ownership (good for a ford if you ask me) anyway its a 1997 R reg 1.8 lx verona with R/C/L which as of recent hasent worked. The doors try to lock but immeditaly jump back open or just 2 door's lock etc. The remote locking hasent worked for ages (approx a year) due to never changing the battry in the key so its been locked with the key for the past year or so.

She isnt bothered if theres no remote or central locking just wishes it was locked.

We've rung round various garages to put it on an IDS machine but they say they dont keep records that old for a car of this age. Its worth mentioning there are NO FAULTS what so ever with this car just the locks. Im an ex apprentis ford mechanic and im stumped if im honest lol.

Any help on this one guys would be very apprecaited

Mike

this is often caused by the lack of use of the n/s door lock which becomes stiff and lazy, try a good squirt of wd40 in the n/s lock and then operate a few times to see if theres any improvement. if not it could be a connection on the locks which would require the inner door cards to be removed.

this is often caused by the lack of use of the n/s door lock which becomes stiff and lazy, try a good squirt of wd40 in the n/s lock and then operate a few times to see if theres any improvement. if not it could be a connection on the locks which would require the inner door cards to be removed.

Tried it lol, ive taken the fuse out the central locking (cant remember the name of it) thing to deactivate it but the immobliser light stayed solid on so i put that back as it was, greased everything, checked all the locks for possible jams etc so now my dads gone to the scrap yard in search of 2 new lock motors (drivers side and rear passenger) because these are the most buggered of all.

The car is only locked when its in carparks or away from home its in the garage all the time left unlocked the car is hardley used anyway think last year she did just over 1000 miles lol.

Cheers for the fast reply to!

Mike

Try a Self test on the locking system.

Open drivers or Pass door, keep the outer handle lifted and open shut door rapidly a number of times, the alarm horn should beep twice ( self test mode active ) if that doesnt work try the other door. Now whenever you open a closed door, boot or bonnett it`ll beep to let you know the ajar swtch is working, also the alarm switch on the locks is tested like this for both lock and unlock. If it doesnt beep when you open a door it`ll be the ajar switch, if it doesn`t beep when you lock/unlock it`ll be the lock set switch.

Self test de-activates after 30 Secs or so by beeping.

Try a Self test on the locking system.

Open drivers or Pass door, keep the outer handle lifted and open shut door rapidly a number of times, the alarm horn should beep twice ( self test mode active ) if that doesnt work try the other door. Now whenever you open a closed door, boot or bonnett it`ll beep to let you know the ajar swtch is working, also the alarm switch on the locks is tested like this for both lock and unlock. If it doesnt beep when you open a door it`ll be the ajar switch, if it doesn`t beep when you lock/unlock it`ll be the lock set switch.

Self test de-activates after 30 Secs or so by beeping.

Cheers!! will give that a whirl first thing in the morning

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club