• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 privatepyle11

privatepyle11

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Streetka
Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi all my fiancee's streetka has just started to make a squeeling sound from the front - it only started yesterday. It does it all the time regardless whether the car is moving or not. Could it be the alternator belt and if so would this be expensive to have fixed?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,793 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi all my fiancee's streetka has just started to make a squeeling sound from the front - it only started yesterday. It does it all the time regardless whether the car is moving or not. Could it be the alternator belt and if so would this be expensive to have fixed?

Thanks

does sound like a drive belt (alternator belt) slipping. it may just need tightened up but i would recommend that you just replace it. if its going to a garage and they can get a motor factor part then i would reckon maybe £40 all in as it is quite a large belt.

#3 privatepyle11

privatepyle11

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Streetka
Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

does sound like a drive belt (alternator belt) slipping. it may just need tightened up but i would recommend that you just replace it. if its going to a garage and they can get a motor factor part then i would reckon maybe 40 all in as it is quite a large belt.

Thanks for the reply - that is cheaper than what I was expecting will get it sorted asap

#4 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Ford Model: Peugeot 308 Sport/Peugeot 207 Sport

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

Yep, my girlfriends StreetKA does it too. Auxilary belt is to blame! If it snaps, you'll lose power steering and Altenator.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users