Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Zetec A/C question

Macduff

Hi

This is my first post here so a bit of an introduction first

We've just bought a new 5dr 1.4 Zetec Climate. Got a great deal as we're not bothered about waiting got the latest model and this car will be mainly used for commuting.

Our other car is an A4 1.9PD 130 Sport

Now the question. When I switch on the AC, I feel it kick in but then it kicks in and out every 10 seconds which is really annoying when travelling at a fairly constant speed as I can feel the kick in the small of my back. Is this normal???

Our last few cars have all had full climate control and bigger engines but even my Mum's Jazz doesn't behave this way.

I've had it back to the dealer and been out with a mechanic who doesn't think it's normal but I just wanted to know if this was a known fault that's easy to fix or if this is going to drag on!

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Cheers

Dave

Hi and welcome mate

• 1 month later...

Though I'd put an update in. Dealer has rechecked against other similar models and they all do it. Appears to be a characteristic.

Not too happy but since I won't be driving it too much I'll live with it.

Other than that, quite happy with the car. Maybe a little thirsty (getting around 34MPG) but it goes well enough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club