Photo
- - - - -

How To Fix A Fiesta Door Handle Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blackstar

Blackstar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Climate

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum (and will post a proper introduction shortly!) and really hope you can help me to not get shafted by a mechanic with what I suspect is a simple-to-rectify problem.

Someone tried to break into my Fiesta (2007, so Mark 6 I believe) by prising off the driver side lock bezel and breaking the bit of plastic into which a screw goes. Stupidly, while the bezel was loose, I grabbed the handle and it came off in my hand! I now have a perfectly good handle and a new bezel, and am wondering if I can re-fit these myself?

So, the question is, do I need to take the door panel off to fit the handle? Or does it just pop onto something with a little encouragement without having to do that? The bezel seems to just pop in and is secured with the little screw in the side of the door. The garage want to charge me seventy-odd quid...but surely this could be done by little old me?

I don't have a Haynes manual (they're quite dear!), so all and any advice you could offer would be really gratefully accepted :)

I hope to hear from you soon...may thanks in advance!

Anna.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 markus250

markus250

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Duratec Flame 2004

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:30 AM

PM sent regarding info etc. :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users