Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Do You Get From A Full Tank Of Fuel.

james_60

How many miles a tank. please reply with engine specs  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Miles Are You Getting From A Full Tank Of Fuel

• 300 Miles (Petrol)
    • 325 Miles (Petrol)
    • 350 Miles (Petrol)
    • 375 Miles (Petrol)
    • 400 Miles Plus (Petrol)
    • Not a petrol owner
  2. 2. Diesel Owners Question

• 375 Miles (Diesel)
    • 400 Miles (Diesel)
    • 425 Miles (Diesel)
    • 450 Miles (Diesel)
    • 475 Miles Plus (Diesel)
    • Not a diesel owner

ok i'm currently averaging 48,4 mpg in my 140 mountune it's rather boring but it means it only costs me £20 a week rather than £30 a week to get to work at today's petrol prices.it involves not going over 3,000 rpm and not exceeding 60 mph.

RResults are in.......

625.3 miles to a tank. Pics to follow later. I'm sat in a petrol station lol

MK4 1.25, rarely do i get anything over 300 miles to a £40 tank

Me too in my '96 1.25 Ghia!

Technology has moved forward a long way in the last decade.

Hi D4nzo

me offended nah dont do offended m8 lol :lol:

ure sound :rolleyes:

Jamie

II reckon I could beat this...... I learned a lot about driving economically and don't feel I got the most from the first half of the tank.....

End of a full tank:

IMAG1248.jpg

IMAG1250.jpg

Once I hit the 600 miles, I wanted to get 1000km lol.

IMAG1254.jpg

I genuinely reckon I could get 650miles+ from a tank but won't be doing it just now, its very very boring.

Dannyboy

im doing now 57.5 Mpg ..... lol .... this is goin to take a while !

II reckon I could beat this...... I learned a lot about driving economically and don't feel I got the most from the first half of the tank.....

End of a full tank:

IMAG1248.jpg

IMAG1250.jpg

Once I hit the 600 miles, I wanted to get 1000km lol.

IMAG1254.jpg

I genuinely reckon I could get 650miles+ from a tank but won't be doing it just now, its very very boring.

Dannyboy

Hi

I have a question about when the 50 miles to go message appears on your display which I hope some members can answer for me?

Ok, I filled my car up back in June and on my way to work yesterday morning, the fuel warning light came on at "50 miles to fuel up" and I fully intended to fuel up this morning but I was running late for work. I still have not filled up and there is 10 miles to go, "if I was to let the car reach ZERO", is there any reserve left in the tank and if so, how much approximately?

BTW, I will be stopping to refuel on my way to work tomorrow morning and I will then be able to work out my mpg since last refuel and I'll post back with the results.

BHeart

Hi

I have a question about when the 50 miles to go message appears on your display which I hope some members can answer for me?

Ok, I filled my car up back in June and on my way to work yesterday morning, the fuel warning light came on at "50 miles to fuel up" and I fully intended to fuel up this morning but I was running late for work. I still have not filled up and there is 10 miles to go, "if I was to let the car reach ZERO", is there any reserve left in the tank and if so, how much approximately?

BTW, I will be stopping to refuel on my way to work tomorrow morning and I will then be able to work out my mpg since last refuel and I'll post back with the results.

BHeart

I find the computer 'miles remaining' estimation quite inaccurate - ie. if mine said 50miles left I actually have around 75miles (I work this out by deducting the amount filled up from 40l (diesel tank capacity) which gives the true amount left and using the mpg over that tank to see what I would have got.)

Hello J I M

That sounds very low for a diesel.

Have you had it long

Jamie

• 1 year later...

Just come back from our first holiday in my 1.4 petrol and covered 770 miles at an average of 51mpg. 400 of those miles were motorway at a steady 65-70.

What surprised me the most was how it coped with the weight of being fully laden. We had the rear seats down and a lot of heavy stuff packed into it and yet it drove like there was nothing there. At 3000rpm in 5th it would easily pull around slower traffic on the motorway. Very impressed with it.

I got 651 miles before filling up on a full tank, with 1 mile showing on range. Oh yes. Trip showed 73.4mpg average

• 3 weeks later...

Mk6.5 zetec 1.25 .... 28.8 mpg , think its time I was a bit more light footed!

• Like 1

Have a 2010 1.25 mk7 fiesta, and when i fill up my range says 330 miles, but i definitely get more than that as i can keep it at 330 miles for ages, average mpg is 44mpg not very close the the combined 52 that Ford say you should get!

Hi, i get around 250 then when i fill up i have almost 6 litres in the tank, guessing this is around 300?

PS this is with the dial on the lower mark (no trip comp)

Works out around 35mpg (not bad for short trips i suppose!)

I tend to get 550 a tank according to the computer give or take a few.

It's a a 1.6 eco fiesta, typical drive to work is 20 miles each way on A roads/ dual carriage way and a A road that snarls up at the least provocation (there a school on it so all the range rover owning mums and dads get in the flipping way and cause said snarl ups because they have to cross the traffic flow NOW!!!!! rather than wait for a gap)

On my Facelift (Mk7.5) diesel, I got out of my last tank 609 miles :P good times indeed.

• Like 1

I can't really comment on this thread. I have only owned my MK7 1.4 TDCI since Friday last week :D But it read that it had 395miles. But I didnt reset it when I filled up, so it might have been just over 400miles.

In my 1.25 finesse petrol 2004reg I got between 220 and 270 miles to a tank.

MK6 1.25 Petrol - I get about 275 miles out of a full tank of £55. 90% of my driving is town driving or short journeys though. so that'l be hurting my fuel economy. My rate of acceleration probably doesn't help either...

MK6 1.25 Petrol - I get about 275 miles out of a full tank of £55. 90% of my driving is town driving or short journeys though. so that'l be hurting my fuel economy. My rate of acceleration probably doesn't help either...

Neither does mine!!

Just done my first fill to fill calculation on my new Mk6 1.6TDCI Zetec (Climate) and it is returning 60.4mpg on mainly dual carriageway driving at a steady 70mph. Trip computer was eering on the side of caution with a reading of 57.3mpg average.

Mk7.5, i've been getting around 450-500 miles (for example, my last 4/5ths of a tank took me to southampton (190 miles each way) and back, plus some driving around down there). Most of my driving tends to be on national speed limit or motorways though, although it is quite hilly around here. So far i've done 1400 miles on about 2.5-3 tanks of fuel (i tend to refuel somewhere between 1/5th and 1/3rd fuel left depending on what i'm planning).

Can't wait to see what I'm getting. I should have filled up by now but I've only done 205 miles since I last filled up.

This is what I was getting in my 1.25 2004reg Fiesta Finesse...Hopefully the diesel will be much better than this!

fuelfinesse_zps2873054c.jpg

I had 2100 miles on the clock and recorded the mpg at 66.9 mpg one trip home. I refuelled at 528 miles with 49 miles left according to the display, in actual tank terms it was 67 miles to my calculus = 595 miles.

Not too bad that since i am still way off the suggested 3K mark when the engine is settled in. I am still keeping to the speeds, i.e. not granny driving.... 30 - 40 - 50 - and 70 to 75 on motorways in my Zetec S TDCi 1.6.

I notice the changes too if i fill up during the day, or fill up at night!

I have a Mk7 1.6 Tdci ZetecS and I get just under 400 miles to a tank at around 47-48 mpg

I have a Mk7 1.6 Tdci ZetecS and I get just under 400 miles to a tank at around 47-48 mpg

I would cry if mine had ever been that low!