Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Do You Get From A Full Tank Of Fuel.

james_60

How many miles a tank. please reply with engine specs  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Miles Are You Getting From A Full Tank Of Fuel

• 300 Miles (Petrol)
    • 325 Miles (Petrol)
    • 350 Miles (Petrol)
    • 375 Miles (Petrol)
    • 400 Miles Plus (Petrol)
    • Not a petrol owner
  2. 2. Diesel Owners Question

• 375 Miles (Diesel)
    • 400 Miles (Diesel)
    • 425 Miles (Diesel)
    • 450 Miles (Diesel)
    • 475 Miles Plus (Diesel)
    • Not a diesel owner

I only just read this...hahahaha.

Oops, think this thread has gone a bit OT. I usually get about 350 miles per tank from my 1.6 petrol, maybe a bit less if I'm enjoying myself.

Slip roads off a certain motorway service station??? :lol:

Hi All,

I bought my new Fiesta diesel 1.6 Econetic at the end of October 2009, having swapped it from a BMW 320i touring (29mpg and used more oil than petrol). I'm not usually an anal retentive but I started an Excel spreadsheet to check the mpg figures and I've found that I get between 55.2 and 59.6mpg with overall 56.8mpg over the first 4000 miles - I've a daily commute of 40+40 miles, town travel, A roads, dual carriageway.

The spreadsheet tells me when the tank is likely to be empty -50 miles and I used that figure the other day only to find that the engine warning light came on and the car was a bit erratic to drive, luckily I was only a few hundred yards from a filling station and when I filled her up the warning light went off. There should have been 2.7L/30 miles of fuel left - maybe the outlet pipe from the fuel tank is a bit on the high side? :unsure:

Ed

Mk7 1.25 Zetec only 300 odd mile's on it at the minute, alway's fill the tank but do most of my driving in town, rarely seen the average mpg get above 34/35, usually only got around 300/325 miles to a tank in the same spec Mk6, with the Mk7 being abit lighter may see this improve abit :)

just realised this is in the fiesta section, i do apologise for invading.

focus 2001 1.6 zetec, definetly not very light footed. 400 in the winter and 430 in the summer from 50 litres.

so after a bit of maths, that 36mpg in winter and 38.7mpg in summer.

Oops also a 1.6 zetec Focus owner getting 320 when the light comes on calculated 33.6mpg last time. These Ford's really aren't that great on consumption then.

1.6 petrol get around 350 if i behave although when its constantly driving across town to work probably not doing better than 300 miles per tank

Mk7 1,4TDCi. Recalculated I'm getting 460 miles - 500+ miles per tank. Considering the price of diesel here, our rougher roads, and lack of proper motorways on my commute, I'm quite pleased. :rolleyes:

erm i must be doing something wrong as i get about 340ish from my 1.6tdci mk7!!!!

OUCH that must hurt the pocket with the cost of Diesel now. Do you have a lead boot ? :D

Hi

I have a 1.6 TDCI Zetec S, about 375 in the cold weather, BUT I have stopped leaving the heater on for the whole journey and wow what a difference so far, not even used a quarter of a tank yet, not even half way to it and done 90 miles. I am going to keep doing the short bursts of heat and see if it makes an overall difference. Will keep you posted. :)

OUCH that must hurt the pocket with the cost of Diesel now. Do you have a lead boot ? :D

I must have, tho its still cheaper to run then my old corsa vxr!!!!!

i'm gettin, provided i don't tow the trailer and stick to motorways more, around 600 mile to £50 of diesel and thats with a 1.4tdci mk6 fiesta van.

I usually get about 320 miles on a full tank before the fuel light comes on. I think the fuel light is a little bit pessimistic though, I usually have about 5-8 litres left in the tank when I refuel. So I think I probably get about 350 miles to the tank for regular town driving.

Hi

I have a 1.6 TDCI Zetec S, about 375 in the cold weather, BUT I have stopped leaving the heater on for the whole journey and wow what a difference so far, not even used a quarter of a tank yet, not even half way to it and done 90 miles. I am going to keep doing the short bursts of heat and see if it makes an overall difference. Will keep you posted. :)

Heater or aircon?

If you mean the heater, I'm surprised that it reduces your fuel economy that much, as the heat comes from the engine, rather than an actual heating element (etc) and the fan can't be that much of a drain, even on max speed.

I usually get about 320 miles on a full tank before the fuel light comes on. I think the fuel light is a little bit pessimistic though, I usually have about 5-8 litres left in the tank when I refuel. So I think I probably get about 350 miles to the tank for regular town driving.

The fuel light comes on at a predicted 50miles to empty - so you would probably get 350 - 370 from a tank if you ran it dry.

MK7 1.6 TDCI and currently stuck on 39.9 mpg, never any higher!

Does the aircon make that much difference? I always have it on?

Aircon and climate control do affect your fuel economy, climate control not so much though as the compressor etc isn't running all of the time or at full power all of the time. In my 1.6 petrol I have the EATC on constantly and still average 34-36ish mpg. In a tdci you should really be averaging 45mpg at the very least I'd have thought?

When its running (which won't be all the time if you have EATC, even if the aircon light is on all the time) aircon is supposed to increase fuel consumption by 5 - 10%.

The fuel light comes on at a predicted 50miles to empty - so you would probably get 350 - 370 from a tank if you ran it dry.

My fuel light comes on at 49.9 eveytime!

The distance to empty reading is only rounded to the nearest 1 mile! :huh:

Not on mine, its the same, 49.9 and ding

Have we got a new 'two or three line display' on our hands here? I'm sure mine only rounds to 1 mile and the fuel light comes on when there's 50 miles remaining.

:lol:

Mines always bang on the 50 to which point the GF panics that we are going to run out and break down :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Bopping this topic to the top

My maximum mileage before i chicken out to refill is 351 a tank at the moment which is 38.92 mpg

I used 41 litres of petrol over a distance of 351 miles

Iam using a program called (App) Road Trip on my ipod touch i highly reccomend it.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club