Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pd Tuning North East

benholden2008

been looking for awhile about getting my mk7 1.6TDCI remaped but i havent managed to find anyone who's had it done and alot of places i rang said that they havent cracked the ECU yet, apart from RS Tuning but they wanted nearly £400!

anyway i found a company called PD tuning which is based 30 miles away from me and they are doing re-maps for £199.

http://pdtuning.com/special-offers

rang him today and he said they have done loads of mk7's and are adveraging about an extra 28BHP and 35lb of tourque

got to ring back tomorrow to get booked in

so has anyone had any experience with pd tuning? and has anyone else got there mk7 re-mapped yet?

Never heard of them but please keep us informed if you do get it done :) will definately be wanting to look into this in the near future. Cheers

Any update on getting your remap done?

Looking to get mine done at some point in the not too distant future.

My local garage have recently started doing ECU remaps (basically generic maps, so a re-flash, technically). I enquired about the Mk7 and they've told me that it is on their list. Perhaps i should take that with a pinch of salt, and wiat to see whether it actually can be done before i get too excited. But they only charge £250 and offer a free reset for life as long as i own it, so if it ever needs to go into Ford for servicing or warranty, i can have it reset for free and reflashed afterwards. I've never heard of another company offering a service like this so as long as they are able to do it, they';ve definitely got my business with a deal like that! :D

So from the OP's post I reckon there will be lots of smaller companies offering ECU remaps/reflashes like this.

the guy from PD tuning got back in touch with me and apparently they haven't done enough live remaps on them to produce a generic map, so offered me a live re-map for £299, which is still £100 cheaper than RS tuning in leeds. in the end i opted for a tuning box which although a c**t to fit, has made quite a difference.

So what figures are you running now after the map?

I didn't get it done, but he quoted about an 25hp increase, same

as everywere else really

yea deffernatly, put a huge smile on my face when i first put it on, noticed the difference straight away. not sure its added an extra 25bhp as they claim to but it wont be far off. also the torque is alot better overtaking is effortless. the MPG as gone up from 50.3 to 54.2 since fitting it on friday so another thumbs up

yea deffernatly, put a huge smile on my face when i first put it on, noticed the difference straight away. not sure its added an extra 25bhp as they claim to but it wont be far off. also the torque is alot better overtaking is effortless. the MPG as gone up from 50.3 to 54.2 since fitting it on friday so another thumbs up

Hi glad to hear that your enjoying the extra power! do you have a link to the product you bought?

Cheers

L

yea you get instructions but there aimed at the 1,8TDCI not the 1.6TDCI. i emailed the bloke and he told me were and how to get to the connector. i had to remove both headlights, windscreen cowling and washers, battery box and ECU then reach down the back of the engine and look for a red plug. took about an hour, will be happy to help if you need anymore guidance

yea you get instructions but there aimed at the 1,8TDCI not the 1.6TDCI. i emailed the bloke and he told me were and how to get to the connector. i had to remove both headlights, windscreen cowling and washers, battery box and ECU then reach down the back of the engine and look for a red plug. took about an hour, will be happy to help if you need anymore guidance

thanks for the info that sounds like a pig to fit. if i do end up getting one i may be asking you for some assistance :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club