Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maf Or Air Flow Meter Or Watever It Is????

DOORAGSFEZZY

I have Fitted a K&N air filter to the Car (Mk7) and used some rubber hose to assemble correctly, i have removed the top of the air box and taken the MAF out of it and made a slot in the rubber hose to fit the MAF and sealed it.....

now before i will admit... i fitted the K&N on it with the Hose and removed the top of the air box to make it fit (UNPLUGGING THE MAF) then ran it.... thus creating the light to come on and using excessive fuel... but now i have done the job properly, having th MAF part of the induction but still the light is on and still using lots of fuel...... only done 40 miles or so atm, so is it a matter of waiting till it goes out or do i have a problem?????

PLEASE HELP cheers.....

doorag

I have Fitted a K&N air filter to the Car (Mk7) and used some rubber hose to assemble correctly, i have removed the top of the air box and taken the MAF out of it and made a slot in the rubber hose to fit the MAF and sealed it.....

now before i will admit... i fitted the K&N on it with the Hose and removed the top of the air box to make it fit (UNPLUGGING THE MAF) then ran it.... thus creating the light to come on and using excessive fuel... but now i have done the job properly, having th MAF part of the induction but still the light is on and still using lots of fuel...... only done 40 miles or so atm, so is it a matter of waiting till it goes out or do i have a problem?????

PLEASE HELP cheers.....

doorag

you'll ahve to bear with me here as i've never worked on a mk7 before. So are you saying the maf used to be built into the top of the air box?? If so then playing around with it the way you have has probably disturbed it. Believe it or not they are very delicate bits of kit. So it could be damaged and thats making the light come on. However, if its a seperate unit that the maf sits in like on the old fezzys etc then you may just need a new one and adapt the filter to fit the maf and not play about with it

Hope that all made sense.

you'll ahve to bear with me here as i've never worked on a mk7 before. So are you saying the maf used to be built into the top of the air box?? If so then playing around with it the way you have has probably disturbed it. Believe it or not they are very delicate bits of kit. So it could be damaged and thats making the light come on. However, if its a seperate unit that the maf sits in like on the old fezzys etc then you may just need a new one and adapt the filter to fit the maf and not play about with it

Hope that all made sense.

ye ye cheers mate,

and ye you can remove the MAF out the top of the airbox by just two torx screws........ i am pretty sure tht i did take care of it coz ther is a tiny little wire tht glows (V. V. V. V. DELICATE) i am sure i was carefull but if not....... WHERE AND HOW MUCH PLZ MATE!!!!!!!!!!

It could also simply be that the ECU is remembering the fault from when you started without connecting the MAF. You could try reseting the codes via the OBD2 socket if you have a reader or alternatively disconnect the battery overnight and then retry in the morning.

It could also simply be that the ECU is remembering the fault from when you started without connecting the MAF. You could try reseting the codes via the OBD2 socket if you have a reader or alternatively disconnect the battery overnight and then retry in the morning.

Is that safe to do so???

Is that safe to do so???

Yes tried it with my neighbours MK7 a few weeks back to see if it resolved some of his issues with the audio. It defaults a few menu items on the audio and the ECU takes about 5 miles of driving to establish the correct parameters (car may sound a little rough) again but that's about it.

If your not happy about trying that you could alway6s see if a friendly local independant garage will do a reset for you most have a OBD2 reader these days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club