Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

wijcc

Fuel For Fuel Pump Blowing

2 posts in this topic

EDIT: oops the title should be Fuse for fuel pump blowing

Hey guys, i need a bit of help again .. twice now in the space of 2 weeks, the fuse for the fuel pump has blown on my car (mark 1 2001 ford focus 1.6 ghia). After the fuse first blew/went i replaced it and then 8 days latter it went again. Then on last wednesday it blew again. Both times the fuse has went when driving off again after stopping (didn't switch off the engine). Anyone know what can be causing this?

I have been told this may be due to fuel pump dying or a wiring issue..

Sounds more likely to be a wiring issue to me. Had a similar problem a while ago, if i went around a corner or a bumpy road it'd starve of fuel then cut back in and blow the fuse. Turned out that the plug wasn't making good contact with the fuel pump and moving slightly, blowing the fuse a lot!

Where is the connector for the fuel pump.. the haynes manual is not very helpful unfortunately.. can any of you guys help/shed any light?

Thanks in advance guys :)

EDIT: oops the title should be Fuse for fuel pump blowing

Hey guys, i need a bit of help again .. twice now in the space of 2 weeks, the fuse for the fuel pump has blown on my car (mark 1 2001 ford focus 1.6 ghia). After the fuse first blew/went i replaced it and then 8 days latter it went again. Then on last wednesday it blew again. Both times the fuse has went when driving off again after stopping (didn't switch off the engine). Anyone know what can be causing this?

I have been told this may be due to fuel pump dying or a wiring issue..

Where is the connector for the fuel pump.. the haynes manual is not very helpful unfortunately.. can any of you guys help/shed any light?

Thanks in advance guys smile.gif

not sure where the plug is but it defo sounds like wiring to me 2 wires touching and blowing the fuse