Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puncture To Front Offside

LeeZetecS

I had a right nightmare last night! Had to be recovered due to a flat tyre... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

So i'v hit a pothole, which by the way felt like an open manhole!! knackered the tyre, relised i have no spare instead some pony compressor and this sealent.

Dont know if anyones been in this situation and this stuff worked.. I wont rely on that again tho!

Would anyone recommend what sort of spare to carry.. coz i'm thinking of just getting a brand new alloy to sit in the boot.

DSC00314.jpg

Just spoken to Ford.

I cant carry a spare wheel because an alloy wont fit in the spare wheel footprint and all spare wheels are 15 inch - is that true? :blink:

Just spoken to Ford.

I cant carry a spare wheel because an alloy wont fit in the spare wheel footprint and all spare wheels are 15 inch - is that true? :blink:

I got a 14" steel rim and put a 195/65/r14 tyre on.It works out the same height as the 17" alloy and tyre.Local scrapers £15.00. fitted and balanced,even threw a jack in as well.

hi my spare wheel i ordered is 14 inch have you tried taking off your wheel and seeing if it will fit in your tyre well before ordering one, good luckcool.gif

You think you've got it bad! Within the first month (mid December 2008) I hit a massive pothole in the dark on a county lane, pulled over, tired pumping itand sealing it, to no avail, so limpped home stopping to pump it. Next morning, they took it off, and inside of rim ( same one by the way) was buckled!

Bit useless with 3 wheels, so had to get my dad round to borrow his x reg focus estate's spare! And on the phone in the meantime, I bought a new one, and still have the bent one to prove it.

That isn't the end though!

That needed a new tyre, then that one day went flat, so used sealant again, so needed a new tyre, (2 down)

while it was in for ballancing, they found a screw in off side back, which was in flat to the tyre, infact, I'd worn half the screw away! (3 tyres down)

then the strearing went all wobbly, wouldn't ballance, tried every thing ( it was off side front) so the swooped it to nearside back, then it wobbled the whole car!

When I went back giving them more time, they eventually took the tyre off, and at some point, it had a puncture, and was sealed with sealant, but it came loose, and water got in, this was flapping round the tyre! So new tyre (4 down)

touch wood, I'm on 4 replacments and one orginal!

Oh and after the first one, the only time in 4 cars I needed a spare, and I didn't have one, I bought one and jack! Sonhave both in the bootwell now, as I haven't got the fixing pin for the wheel!

I'll post a picture of it when I get in!

(errors and omisions excepted, this was all on the iPhone in the pub!)

I carry a spare 16" alloy for my Titanium. It does fit in the wheel well although it has to sit face up and stands a couple of Millimeters proud which you don't notice with the carpet down. You can't easily get a jack or wheel brace in as well my solution was to get a small toolbag from Halfords that uses velcro to attach to the carpet to stop it sliding about fits the jack and wheel brace (from Halfords) Triangle, tow rope and the inflator in it. I doubt the 17" wheel will fit it will stand too proud of the wheel well as it is wider. You can't fit the wheel face down as the mounting bracket gets is the way. You need to make sure the wheel is secured with something I use a bungie cord may make a proper clamp to mount to the bracket when the weather warms up a bit. The rubber solution stuff is useless when these things happen you need a spare even if it's only a skinny wheel as far as I am concerned.

Mark that sounds just like my luck with cars.. It's not been too bad with the fiesta, it's just these potholes - I'v been back to the pothole today to take some pictures of it. I'm thinking of getting in touch with the council for that area and claiming for repair costs. To be fair councils must be being rinsed for pothole damage.

Mark that sounds just like my luck with cars.. It's not been too bad with the fiesta, it's just these potholes - I'v been back to the pothole today to take some pictures of it. I'm thinking of getting in touch with the council for that area and claiming for repair costs. To be fair councils must be being rinsed for pothole damage.

mine was on a country lane, where I couldn't stop, and couldn't get to in the daylight, within 2 weeks it was gone!

mine was on a country lane, where I couldn't stop, and couldn't get to in the daylight, within 2 weeks it was gone!

just remembered, was going to post a photo!

2009_0115_175713-50.jpg

it's completely round on the outside!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club