Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Clutch Master Cylinder

bt_cav

Hi Folks

Just relised my clutch master cylinder is leaking (was wondering why my floor mat felt slippy) How easy or difficult is this to replace, I have changed brake master clinders before but with the clutch master clinder being where it is (above the clutch pedel) I'd like some words from the wise before I go in head first.

Also What sort of money is involved and are they only available from ford?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Hi Folks

Just relised my clutch master cylinder is leaking (was wondering why my floor mat felt slippy) How easy or difficult is this to replace, I have changed brake master clinders before but with the clutch master clinder being where it is (above the clutch pedel) I'd like some words from the wise before I go in head first.

Also What sort of money is involved and are they only available from ford?

Thanks in advance

Brian

i used haynes manual not to hard to do

said take steering colum out but you can just undo

the bolt at the bottom of it and slide it up

got new one of fleabay £37.99 plus post :)

try here Item number: 270528765299

im with dezwez on this, its very easy to do. the haynes manual does actually cover this very well. as already said, the steering column doesnt need to come out but the bolt at the bottom of the footwell will, no major though.

clutches are a PITA to bleed at the best of times, i had to use a pressure bleeder and have someone pump the pedal at the same time. Halfords do the kit for £16 or there abouts.

i think its 10mm headed bolts that hold the cylinder onto the pedal, make sure you have a ratchet spanner or you will be there a while!

Nice one, Thanks for the heads up lads :)

got a few days off soon so keep your fingers crossed till then

Done some further reserch and found this click me

I've never heard of reverse bleeding before, are there kits available for this purpose?

Also I have visions of the resovior spilling over when reversr bleeding :o and once I disconnect the supply pipe from the old master cylinder is the brake fluid going to drain out on to the floor :o

sorry for sounding like a big girls blouse, just got bad feelings about this one :(

I've never heard of reverse bleeding before, are there kits available for this purpose?

Also I have visions of the resovior spilling over when reversr bleeding :o and once I disconnect the supply pipe from the old master cylinder is the brake fluid going to drain out on to the floor :o

sorry for sounding like a big girls blouse, just got bad feelings about this one :(

easy job just use two man bleeding insturctions thats in haynes manual

reverse bleeding is best on a clutch system but you will need an air supply and the kit to do so and just the vacuum kit will set you back atleast £50. best to get the bleeding system that uses air from the spare tyre and have someone pump the pedal while you do this. clutches are a !Removed! to bleed at times.

try and remove half the brake fluid from the resevoir before you start. the clutch only draws fluid from about half way (you will see where the pipe joins it) and the brake system draws from the bottom. so you wont have any issues if you can drain it a little and it wont affect the brakes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club