Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Limited Edition 650 Been Made

adzmcp

By shopping around. I paid £11k for 1.4 Titanium with Tech Pack and Dress Up kit.

another great deal-when you say shopping around just be trading off one dealer against another?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adzmcp

• sussex

• andrew43

• AndrewL

Ooh I can't wait for the pictures! Although I hope there isn't a significant difference to the diesel engine as I've already ordered mine. I don't want it to be outdated when I collect it :(

another great deal-when you say shopping around just be trading off one dealer against another?

I visited a couple of local dealers to have a good look at the car & talk about prices. Then, just on the offchance, I emailed Lloyds TSB CarSelect to see what sort of deal they could offer me. They came up with the best deal of the lot with no pressure to buy - and despite having always bought my cars from local dealers previously I decided to order from CarSelect.

They were extremely helpful, took my old Astra in part exchange, I was always kept informed as to the progress of my order & they were very easy to deal with, customer care was absolutely outstanding - with a very competitive price too. The car was delivered to my door having been supplied to a local dealer by CarSelect and they even called me a few days later to ensure that I was completely happy with my vehicle. Would definitely use them again!

P.S. this wasn't a scrappage deal either! The value of my part-ex was deducted from the £11,863.

www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

I visited a couple of local dealers to have a good look at the car & talk about prices. Then, just on the offchance, I emailed Lloyds TSB CarSelect to see what sort of deal they could offer me. They came up with the best deal of the lot with no pressure to buy - and despite having always bought my cars from local dealers previously I decided to order from CarSelect.

They were extremely helpful, took my old Astra in part exchange, I was always kept informed as to the progress of my order & they were very easy to deal with, customer care was absolutely outstanding - with a very competitive price too. The car was delivered to my door having been supplied to a local dealer by CarSelect and they even called me a few days later to ensure that I was completely happy with my vehicle. Would definitely use them again!

P.S. this wasn't a scrappage deal either! The value of my part-ex was deducted from the £11,863.

www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

Thanks for your info and link, sounds great but here http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/new/cars/Ford/Fiesta/0000040963091.aspx 1.4 new titanium is £13,319?!

PIC_0246.jpg

Hmm, not overly impressed... Although I dunno what I was expecting...

Hmm, not overly impressed... Although I dunno what I was expecting...

i agree not that impressed,buy aside stripe from mountune or dmb grahpics

I like it, it's definitley an eye catcher, but it's still only a "warm hatch" (even the petrol) - still no rear discs. And before anyone says the current brakes are good enough, i'm sory, but they simplay aren't when you put some real work into them.

I think i'll hold out for the 'proper' hot Fiesta - the 1600 turbo, no matter how long it takes. In the meantime, i'll stick to 50+MPG in the TDCi, which I'm getting remapped next month, so i'll have 110-ish BHP on tap, and still 50MPG ;) :P

EDIT

Oh, and mine will be better handling too, as by the look of that pic it's running on standard ZS springs wheras i've fitted the Eibachs to mine and it makes quite a bit of an imporvement B)

Edited by FMC

With regards to the Rear drums I was talking to a reginal Manager for Ford and we was disscussing the Fiesta ST. He said they were going to original launch it with the same 2.0 Petrol from the previous one but decided to pull it. The market was crying out for a new Fiesta ST but they beleaved the 2.0 petrol was the wrong way to go. Beleave it or not the Fiesta ST all hangs in the hands of the new Focus. The Focus will get rear discs. Once they are common and costs come down they are going to try fit them onto the new B-Max (Fusion replacement) the B-Max is 80% complete but has been held back by atleast 2 - 3 years because of... you guessed it rear breaks. The rear drums on the Fiesta can not cope with the extra needed for the B-Max (B-Max been a larger Fiesta like the old fiesta / Fusion replationship) so they are developing some larger rear drums but this is very costly. The rear drums on the Fiesta are developed by Mazda and are at there limit on the Fiesta. So there is 2 sides at ford at moment. Some want the Large rear drums on the B-Max so they can get this car launched onto the market. The others want to wait till parts cost less and they can then produce calipers for the B-Max and then pass it to the Fiesta ST then also along the rest of Fiesta the range. The Focus will launch first in America to bring cost of parts down for us. By talking to him the ST is looking very likly but a while away yet if you go by what he said it rest on the production of the B-Max but as i said that is 2 - 3 Years behind.

**I think this S1600 will look the bees knees in Performance blue prob why they only doning 150 White ones compared to 500 Blue

TDCi engines are only going up to 95ps from march and the 1.4 is going to 70ps so not alot of difference really. Won't be able to get 17's on the tdci ZS's anymore from then though either... Saw this red top today, I was initially quite excited but not liking the stripes at all on the top and not sure about white wheel, maybe on the blue, can't wait to see it in p.blue though. bagsy one as a demo...

Interesting story. I believe that it could be true, knowing the way the auto industry works in terms of supply chains and costs etc.

Very interesting indeed! :)

I like it, it's definitley an eye catcher, but it's still only a "warm hatch" (even the petrol) - still no rear discs. And before anyone says the current brakes are good enough, i'm sory, but they simplay aren't when you put some real work into them.

I think i'll hold out for the 'proper' hot Fiesta - the 1600 turbo, no matter how long it takes. In the meantime, i'll stick to 50+MPG in the TDCi, which I'm getting remapped next month, so i'll have 110-ish BHP on tap, and still 50MPG ;) :P

EDIT

Oh, and mine will be better handling too, as by the look of that pic it's running on standard ZS springs wheras i've fitted the Eibachs to mine and it makes quite a bit of an imporvement B)

Where are you getting your remap done? Looking to get mine done, but there don't seem to be many companies that have cracked the ECU yet.

Not sure about the stripes, but like the look of the white wheels though. Would like to see a clearer picture.

Hmmm... how much to get mine powder coated?

Where are you getting your remap done? Looking to get mine done, but there don't seem to be many companies that have cracked the ECU yet.

My local garage have recently started doing ECU remaps (basically generic maps, so a re-flash, technically). I enquired about the Mk7 and they've told me that it is on their list. Perhaps i should take that with a pinch of salt, and wiat to see whether it actually can be done before i get too excited. But they only charge £250 and offer a free reset for life as long as i own it, so if it ever needs to go into Ford for servicing or warranty, i can have it reset for free and reflashed afterwards. I've never heard of another company offering a service like this so as long as they are able to do it, they';ve definitely got my business with a deal like that! :D

PIC_0246.jpg

For some reason, that looks rubbish. Don't like the white alloys, the stripes are too thin and there's too many of them.

FMC, I agree about the brakes. Can't believe my car lists at over 16k but still has rear drums - they look s**t underneath the big 17's, and the stopping power could be a lot better. Every mini gets discs at the back and they come on the 1.6+ versions of the Clio and 207 etc too.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. Might hold full judgement until we get some really clear images, but that looks like a Zetec-S with some poorly done stripes and painted wheels? Whoop. Not very special.

I don't like it either :( , thought they might have introduced different wheels possibly to make it look different.

Got the best price for my spec on the internet, (Deal Drivers) and tried my local dealers who couldn't or wouldn't get near that price, so bought via Deal Drivers. Painless experience, true to their word and delivered to my door.

• 3 weeks later...