1. 1. Which Colour Do You Prefer?

• Sea Grey
    • Panther Black
  2. 2. Car Hunting - What Should I Do?

• Search For Sea Grey & Panther Black
    • Be Paient & Await a Sea Grey Model

Hey FOC

I've test driven the MK7 ZS & LOVED it!

So straight after I had Ford Looking for a MK7 ZS in Sea grey (Using Ford direct / fords used cars system)

Anyway, Its been about 1 week now & No Sea Grey ZS's have popped into the system. I've been checking as has my Vospers Dealer.

Anyway I went to Plymouth today on a training course and saw this Stunning BLACK MK ZS pull up with the Full street kit. I Loved it!

Now it was a black MK7 that made me consider the car in the first place & I know a Black ZS would be easier to get hold of.

So What to do? :unsure:

Call Ford and ask them to search for Black ZS's aswell?

Pro & Cons

Black

+ Stunning when Clean

+ Slick looking & blends in well with rear tinted windows

- Easier to got hold of

- Gets dirty easily and shows marks

- More common than Sea Grey

Sea Grey

+ Not as many around / unique

+ Wont so dirt as badly as black (correct me If Im wrong)

+ Again, Stunning when Clean

- Harder to get hold of

Any comments / suggestions and Photos are extremely welcomed

I really don't want to upset anyone here but to be honest I think black looks far better than sea grey even when it's a bit dirty - then when the car's clean and waxed there's no competition at all. (But white's the best! :P )

Not gonna offend me. More Panther Black praise is more reason to search for both.

I'll see what everyone else things. Most props call Ford tomorrow if I decided to go for both Colours.

Is the Black as hard to keep clean as most over black cars?

I know the new shape BMW 3 series flicks mud up over the tailgate so its impossible to keep the black clean :P

I would say the sea grey, I was in the predicament when i ordered mine, but I think the Sea Grey is alot more exclusive hehe!!

i have sea grey and i scrubs up well my only problem just been peppered by a landrover overaking and have alot of sone chips and hey are noticable when polishedsad.gif

i have sea grey and i scrubs up well my only problem just been peppered by a landrover overaking and have alot of sone chips and hey are noticable when polishedsad.gif

Aww thats awfull mate, if the chips are not that big...literally pin pricks

Try getting some touch up paint and apply it with a needle.

It depends if it bothered you much. It would me. :angry:

Plenty of paintwork chip companies around these days

Aww thats awfull mate, if the chips are not that big...literally pin pricks

Try getting some touch up paint and apply it with a needle.

It depends if it bothered you much. It would me. mad.gif

Plenty of paintwork chip companies around these days

hi already done some quiet large and spent all day waxing and polishing

I first started looking at black or red, whilst liking red I decided against it as I needed to adorn the car with advertising and thought black would be better. Only problem being my wife had a black car which looked great when clean did become a bit of a chore to remove all the water marks etc every time I cleaned it.

Then I came across a sea grey Fiesta and thought that would be a good compromise. Which considering I didn’t really like grey cars was a strange choice, but now I’m hooked. I think it looks great, comes up a treat when washed and yes lighter colours would still be easier its not anywhere like washing a black car. Although I must admit I went for the ‘supacoat’ stuff to help reduce the effort involved.

Below are a couple of photos of my car in ‘before’ and ‘after’ mode.

But which ever you go for… enjoy the ride :)

fiesta1.jpg

And a ‘stickered’ up version I use on my flyers etc

L3.gif

L3.gif

Nice website cyb, car looks excellent with the stickers on too - they usually look rubbish. There's a driving school by me called "shut up and drive" which I always found amusing.

Re-post from the old Member's Rides thread:

dscf3058a.jpg

This is actually my Macbook and iPhone wallpaper at the moment... Until I get mine (which is identical) in April!

Nice website cyb, car looks excellent with the stickers on too - they usually look rubbish. There's a driving school by me called "shut up and drive" which I always found amusing.

Cheers Andrew, have to say ‘shut up and drive’ is a bit different from the usual names :) B)

Thanks Coysht, & Cyb

You'd made me decide to be patient and WAIT for a Sea Grey. Its only been 1 week after all :unsure:

Also saved all those pictures :lol:

I Would Of LOVED to learn in a MK7 cyb! lucky students!

• 3 weeks later...

hi everybody

just took delivery of my panther black zetec s on friday and have to say that when i ordered it ,it was sat next to a white zetec s both with street pks on and the black (imho) looked better hence my purchase.

also after reading this forum over the last few months before becoming a member and also a owner of a very fine car a big thankyou too you all as this forum made my decision an awful lot easier.

med_gallery_9992_269_70153.jpg

med_gallery_9992_269_96945.jpg

med_gallery_9992_269_72341.jpg

med_gallery_9992_269_54638.jpg

I still say Sea Grey is the best!!!!

While not a Fiesta, I am in the unique position to have owned both colours in the last couple of years. Decide for yourself :) Sea Grey is definitely a very common Focus colour. I see them more than any other colour actually. Black looks excellent, but I'll never have one again.

img8048sh7.jpg

img8362yc6.jpg

img8364ky1.jpg

img9184.jpg

img9126hz2.jpg

snc00002uf5.jpg

This old thread popped up again :)

Too late

Sea grey this Saturday :D

This old thread popped up again :)

Too late

Sea grey this Saturday :D

Lol just noticed the post at the top of the page. I suppose it serves as a useful comparison for anyone looking? Maybe! :lol:

Panther Black - no question about it, its the best colour for any Ford IMO.

Edit: woops just a tad bit late. oh well.