• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gilly

Gilly

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

hi, my sppedo clocks stopped working(well the rev counter did) so i bought some second hand ones from flea-bay,my ? is how can i get the correct milage back on my clocks,was told it would just come on as the info is in ecu, obviously not!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

hi, my sppedo clocks stopped working(well the rev counter did) so i bought some second hand ones from flea-bay,my ? is how can i get the correct milage back on my clocks,was told it would just come on as the info is in ecu, obviously not!

Been here, done this lol i bunged a new set in with 0 as the milage :ph34r: wasnt impressed and worst part is the service/MOT are due soon and i think there going to be a bit suspcious of a car that last service had done 42,000 miles and now has only 5000 on lol. When it goes in for the service im going to have a word with the mechanic to put it on an ids and see if he can change it back up to 50k if not, there are people on the internet who come round and fix it for you (should be about 70quid rip off i no but still) just gota search into google and have a nose around.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 25062009088.jpg

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

Been here, done this lol i bunged a new set in with 0 as the milage Posted Image wasnt impressed and worst part is the service/MOT are due soon and i think there going to be a bit suspcious of a car that last service had done 42,000 miles and now has only 5000 on lol. When it goes in for the service im going to have a word with the mechanic to put it on an ids and see if he can change it back up to 50k if not, there are people on the internet who come round and fix it for you (should be about 70quid rip off i no but still) just gota search into google and have a nose around.

Mike

digital mileage correction is aboiut the only way to do it technically tampering with tyhe mileage is illegal and it can cause some pains at mot time when they start asking lots of questions just tekll them the original bust you had tio get a repalcement and you havent had the mileage altered yet they may ask you to give them an approximation of what the mileage should be depends how anal they are

#4 Gilly

Gilly

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

digital mileage correction is aboiut the only way to do it technically tampering with tyhe mileage is illegal and it can cause some pains at mot time when they start asking lots of questions just tekll them the original bust you had tio get a repalcement and you havent had the mileage altered yet they may ask you to give them an approximation of what the mileage should be depends how anal they are

thanks guys, will buy ANOTHER set closer to the mark i think.

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

thanks guys, will buy ANOTHER set closer to the mark i think.

depends how much you pay for them it would be cheaper than digital mileage correction but getting one close is difficult if it were me i would have the mileage correction done as you know the clocks work fine its a bit dearer but better than getting another set that may or may not work on the other hand you could sell the old ones on ebay

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users