Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Rear Wiper

tomwazza

Hi,

I've got a '02' ford focus 1.6 'Zetec'. A couple of days ago the rear wiper started to develop a problem. I'm hoping that somebody could help me diagnose the problem.

When you pull the stalk towards you for the rear wiper to start its cycle (for example when it's raining) it won’t complete a full wipe. However when you wash the rear wiper it does the full three wipes without a problem. I've swapped over the relays for the front and rear wipers and the problem still exists. I'm not really sure what else could be at fault.

Could I please have some suggestions for parts I should be looking at replacing?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Hi,

I've got a '02' ford focus 1.6 'Zetec'. A couple of days ago the rear wiper started to develop a problem. I'm hoping that somebody could help me diagnose the problem.

When you pull the stalk towards you for the rear wiper to start its cycle (for example when it's raining) it won't complete a full wipe. However when you wash the rear wiper it does the full three wipes without a problem. I've swapped over the relays for the front and rear wipers and the problem still exists. I'm not really sure what else could be at fault.

Could I please have some suggestions for parts I should be looking at replacing?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

im just guessing but it could be the wiper stalk not really any other explanation i can think of get to the local scrappy and get one to change over and see if it works better spending a fiver than what ford would charge search focus hacks for info on how to replace the stalk good time to add variable wiperd if you dont already have them

• 3 weeks later...

im just guessing but it could be the wiper stalk not really any other explanation i can think of get to the local scrappy and get one to change over and see if it works better spending a fiver than what ford would charge search focus hacks for info on how to replace the stalk good time to add variable wiperd if you dont already have them

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I swapped out the wiper motor the other day for one I bought from eBay. It works perfectly now!

Cheers,

Tom.