Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Gauge Problem

Top_gear

I have a Ford Focus 1.8TDCI 56 plate.

I fill the tank up fully, the trip computer displays over 500 miles to empty, however, the fuel needle doesn't go to full on the display.

Once I have done about 300 miles - the fuel guage is on a quarter and the trip computer displays 180-200 miles to empty, the fuel needle (and 'miles to empty' on the trip computer) fall rapidly and I only get another 50 miles or so from the last quarter of the tank.

Can anyone help or advise please.

Cheers

I have a Ford Focus 1.8TDCI 56 plate.

I fill the tank up fully, the trip computer displays over 500 miles to empty, however, the fuel needle doesn't go to full on the display.

Once I have done about 300 miles - the fuel guage is on a quarter and the trip computer displays 180-200 miles to empty, the fuel needle (and 'miles to empty' on the trip computer) fall rapidly and I only get another 50 miles or so from the last quarter of the tank.

Can anyone help or advise please.

Cheers

do the dash trick and see if the gauges sweep fully to the max mark if not its a gauge fault if it does then ide be looking for a leak in the tank or a faulty sensor either you have more fuel than the gauge is telling you or the gauge is correct and fual is dissapearing

do the dash trick and see if the gauges sweep fully to the max mark if not its a gauge fault if it does then ide be looking for a leak in the tank or a faulty sensor either you have more fuel than the gauge is telling you or the gauge is correct and fual is dissapearing

fuel sensor youll need to gat it code scanned to find out which one it is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club