Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Choose New Fiesta

dsa777

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of input, deciding what Fiesta to order , the choice is between 1.6 Petrol Titanium 3 door with Dress up kit and the titanium x pack or a 1.6 petrol Zetec-s with leather, 17 alloys ( those in the Titanium x pack). Going to add some other kit as well which ever I order.

It seems the choice is between sports seats and lowered suspension on zetec-s or ESP traction control, cruise control and Auto climate control on the Titanium x.

My question to anyone is how much does the sports suspension lower the car , is it noticable and are the sports seats a lot better or no different on the Zetec-s? If not I'll get the Titanium with the better kit!

Thanks in advance for any replies..

Welcome to the forum dsa. :)

EDIT I don't think there is any difference between the leather seats in the titanium and the ZS apart from (Correct info from DanGull, my bad.) the fact that the stitching is red in the ZS and white in the titanium.

As for the suspension, I have a titanium and the suspension and handling are absolutely fine, if anything, it's as stiff as I'd like it and I like to throw my car into the bends and have a bit of fun occasionally.

Here's a thread about a similar topic from a while back that you may be interested to read - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9606

Welcome to the forum dsa. :)

I don't think there is any difference between the leather seats in the titanium and the ZS apart from the fact that the stitching is red in the ZS and white in the titanium.

As for the suspension, I have a titanium and the suspension and handling are absolutely fine, if anything, it's as stiff as I'd like it and I like to throw my car into the bends and have a bit of fun occasionally.

Here's a thread about a similar topic from a while back that you may be interested to read - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9606

Thanks , just spotted the other thread. All good info.

Been offered £2400 of list which looked good till i saw 3k+ on drive the deal so may go for a bit of renegotiation now it seems ford are discounting before the dealer gets involved.

May just lower the titanium after sale with new springs.

cheers for the reply

Andrew and I have almost the same car - so will say the same things, but it's a no brainer for me.

As he's said, the suspension in the Titanium is just as up to the job as that in the Zetec S, and if you want rock hard can be replaced with the Eibachs anyway.

The seats are different - the wings on the seats are much larger in the Zetec S, but at 17 stone and 6ft 3 I'm much more comfortable in the Titanium anyway. Plus, if you're looking at white, then the white stitching looks much much better.

All the other extras are so worth the above 'sacrifices' - cruise control, auto lights and wipers, ambient lighting, powerfold mirrors, bluetooth and USB are about to be made standard on the Titanium I believe, Auto air con, the bigger choice of colours, the front splitter on the dress up kit - that's a big list!

Sure are Sussex - only a very minor difference, but the Titanium's kit has a splitter blade mounted at the bottom, the ZS does not.

I think its looking like a 3dr Titanium with X pack , dress up kit, bluetooth in white, may try get the interior pack 2 as well if the dealer plays ball. Thanks for all the replies I cant justify losing all the kit on the titanium for slightly different seats.

I highly recommend the keyless entry system - go on, you know you want it :lol:

Sure are Sussex - only a very minor difference, but the Titanium's kit has a splitter blade mounted at the bottom, the ZS does not.

A splitter blade? Any pictures showing the difference would be greatly appreciated. Wasn't aware there were any differences. Intreeged

Dsa777. I would deffo opt for the titanium with the dress up kit etc. Far more luxurious with all things such as the auto climate control and the cruise control.

A splitter blade? Any pictures showing the difference would be greatly appreciated. Wasn't aware there were any differences. Intreeged

Dsa777. I would deffo opt for the titanium with the dress up kit etc. Far more luxurious with all things such as the auto climate control and the cruise control.

DSCF0258.jpg

Orders in, 1.6 Titanium 3 dr , titanium x pack, bluetooth usb, dress up kit, interior lighting pack 2 in frozen white.

Got £2700 off plus a good trade in offer and 1 year service. Happy , should get the car early April hopefully. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks KeithC. What is the reason for the splitter blade mounted at the bottom?? any ideas?

Cosmetic I would imagine.

Orders in, 1.6 Titanium 3 dr , titanium x pack, bluetooth usb, dress up kit, interior lighting pack 2 in frozen white.

Got £2700 off plus a good trade in offer and 1 year service. Happy , should get the car early April hopefully. Thanks for all your help.

Excellent work mate, it's still all about white mk.7's! Sounds like you got a good deal too. Better than I got I think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club