Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bit Of An Accident In My Fez

Rory

Hi everyone,

Sadly on the way home last week it decided to hammer it down with snow and after taking 4 hours to travel 17 miles, i was almost home when i slipped through a junction into a barrier, cracking the bumper and splitter, smashing the headlight and denting the bonnet

Needless to say i was very annoyed at this point!!

Anyways i am trying to get it all repaired without going through insurance and have found a light and bumper already, bonnet may be able to be panel beaten and re-sprayed with any luck.

From the looks of things the splitter from the street pack clips onto the bottom of the bumper, does anyone know if all bumpers have the holes for the splitter to be clipped into or would i need a ZS specific bumper and splitter? Also if anyone knows where i can get a splitter other than Ford i would appreciate it very much!

Here are some pics :(

P14-02-10_1558.jpg

P14-02-10_155801.jpg

Photo's like that make the baby Jesus cry! As for the bumper, do you mean the skirt thing that runs the full way around the front bumper? Tbh I have no idea how it's attached but I'd guess it was just glued and clipped onto the standard bumper, that's how it looks on my car anyway.

ouch! sorry to hear and see that

i feel your pain-this week i shall be going to see the only MK7 with no roof (mine after it was written off and they had to remove the roof to cut me out!) it will be a sad sight!

ouch! sorry to hear and see that

i feel your pain-this week i shall be going to see the only MK7 with no roof (mine after it was written off and they had to remove the roof to cut me out!) it will be a sad sight!

At least the Fez looked after you mate, you might not of been so lucky had you been more stingy and bought something less safe. That's one of the main reasons why I don't own something old and fast.

At least the Fez looked after you mate, you might not of been so lucky had you been more stingy and bought something less safe. That's one of the main reasons why I don't own something old and fast.

VERY true, given the accident on ice and how my car will look, how I ended up is a miracle

We all love the MK7 for it's looks etc but when it comes to safety/looking after you, the MK7 is also, fantastic

+1

It's always sad to see a beaten up, crashed, or even 'ding'ed car. But when the owner is the person showing them pictures, it means they survived and thats the main thing!

It was reading the following thread that made me decide to never but a car more than 4-5 years old to stay up to speed with safety advancements

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7021

Its funny this topic has been brought up as i traded in my 99 ibiza cupra for this one, fast but old and no doubt no where near as safe!

In response, yeah i was referring to the splitter running along the length of the bottom of the bumper, just trying to find out if is is compatible with all bumpers as i can get a new bumper relatively simply i fear the splitter will not however be so simple.

Feel bad about the Fez with no roof though, as you say is better that your fine!

Looks like an expensive month though, out of curiosity i rang ford re: a new headlight.........approx £192+ vat!! :( eBay it is!

+1

It's always sad to see a beaten up, crashed, or even 'ding'ed car. But when the owner is the person showing them pictures, it means they survived and thats the main thing!

It was reading the following thread that made me decide to never but a car more than 4-5 years old to stay up to speed with safety advancements

http://www.fordowner...?showtopic=7021

the age of the car and safety advancements do help but there are older cars without the enhancements that are just as safe walk through a scrapyard and see some of these newer cars after an accident its all a matter of where youre hit and by what ive seen older cars stand up to more punishment than new new cars rely heavily on plastic some older ones are far stronger sayin that some newer ones are better theres an 09 plate fiesta in my ocal with a driver side front impact trust me the guy didnt walk away from that one theres no driver footwell left the pedals are where the edge of the front seat is all cars have a weak point

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club