Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeebowhite

Diesel Particulate Filter Additive

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

After having my alternator go bang on my good friend, Ford are also doing the MOT and Service, they were asking if I wanted to add £90 worth of DPF additive in, or not, and also did I want them to clean the brake dust from the rear shoes.

I said no to both, purely on an I really cant afford it right now basis, as this whole fiasco has just or will just cost me £462!

I have to remember that I am a big boy and big boys dont cry, but I need to know

1) can you buy said additive, and can you run it through yourself, i.e. stick it in the fuel tank? or must Ford do this?

2) does not brushing out the brake dust cause any problems?

Thanks

J

Hi All,

After having my alternator go bang on my good friend, Ford are also doing the MOT and Service, they were asking if I wanted to add £90 worth of DPF additive in, or not, and also did I want them to clean the brake dust from the rear shoes.

I said no to both, purely on an I really cant afford it right now basis, as this whole fiasco has just or will just cost me £462!

I have to remember that I am a big boy and big boys dont cry, but I need to know

1) can you buy said additive, and can you run it through yourself, i.e. stick it in the fuel tank? or must Ford do this?

2) does not brushing out the brake dust cause any problems?

Thanks

put it this way not putting additive in can cause the filter to go costing up to £1000 to get fixed so yes you should have got it brake dust is nowt you can cklean it off youreself really with some brake cleaner on a rag

J

Thanks

J

well technically you can do it yourself, but the engine management needs to be made aware it has been replenished. As it is that which adds the additive to the fuel tank after certain criteria have been met, and that system reset has to be done by a garage. £90 quid seems reasonable as to buy the additive is circa 60/70 quid