Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
top banana

High Pitch Noise

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a 2008 58) new shape Focus 1.6TCDI with 13000 miles on. Only had it for 1 month

I have noticed when engine running I hear a 'like electrical' hum / buzz noise and this continues to sound for approx 2 seconds after switching ign off. Sounds like fuel pump? Sound appears to be coming from drivers front area.

Spoke with main dealer where bought car from and said sounds like caractoristic of car, but just concerned.

No other problems I do not think as new to Focus and diesels.

Any pointers on this? Luckily its a Ford Direct car so 2 years warranty included

Thanks

Hi

I have a 2008 58) new shape Focus 1.6TCDI with 13000 miles on. Only had it for 1 month

I have noticed when engine running I hear a 'like electrical' hum / buzz noise and this continues to sound for approx 2 seconds after switching ign off. Sounds like fuel pump? Sound appears to be coming from drivers front area.

Spoke with main dealer where bought car from and said sounds like caractoristic of car, but just concerned.

No other problems I do not think as new to Focus and diesels.

Any pointers on this? Luckily its a Ford Direct car so 2 years warranty included

Thanks

fuel pump its normal its not normal when it continues long after the ignitions off so if you hear it buzzing after a minute after ignitions off then its faulty

fuel pump its normal its not normal when it continues long after the ignitions off so if you hear it buzzing after a minute after ignitions off then its faulty

Many thanks for that. Peace of mind now!!

Never noticed when bought it but then was all new to me!

Noise stops about 2 seconds after turning off ign so sounds good. I know I have sensative ears and tend to pick up on high pitch noises more then rest of family, but sounded strange to me!!

Now to get the central locking problem sorted (grate noise when deadlock)!!

Many thanks for that. Peace of mind now!!

Never noticed when bought it but then was all new to me!

Noise stops about 2 seconds after turning off ign so sounds good. I know I have sensative ears and tend to pick up on high pitch noises more then rest of family, but sounded strange to me!!

Now to get the central locking problem sorted (grate noise when deadlock)!!

try opening the door on the side you have the issue remove the rubber plug nearest to the driver seat the bottom one use wd-40 angled downwards rthrough the hole and give it a quick squirt to be honest if its the drivers side its not uncommon a lot of themn sound funny i believe its because the drivers side is the main motoprs may be wrong but its not unusual besides its under warranty if it did pack in a year on then you get it fixed free so just enjoy the drive mate

try opening the door on the side you have the issue remove the rubber plug nearest to the driver seat the bottom one use wd-40 angled downwards rthrough the hole and give it a quick squirt to be honest if its the drivers side its not uncommon a lot of themn sound funny i believe its because the drivers side is the main motoprs may be wrong but its not unusual besides its under warranty if it did pack in a year on then you get it fixed free so just enjoy the drive mate

Many thanks Its the passenger side door, being looked at in near future, they also told me its a 'known' issue with the new focus too!!!!

Thanks artscot79 again for helping me on both forums.

My 2005 Focus diesel makes a similar noise to how you describe. I've had the car since dec08 but only noticed the noise since Dec 09 when the weather got a lot colder. I've assumed that it was something to do the operation of the car in winter but as Ford have told you is just a characteristic of the car.