Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Normal Revs & Clutch Screech

gazorb

Hi,

Recently got fusion 2 2003. Not had rev counter before, is 3000 ok for steady driving at 70 mph? Also, when speeding up, squeek / screech noise when releasing clutch. Doesnt happen when slowing down.

Thanks

revs fine...screech I would imagine its your clutch release bearing on its way out :(

Hi,

Recently got fusion 2 2003. Not had rev counter before, is 3000 ok for steady driving at 70 mph? Also, when speeding up, squeek / screech noise when releasing clutch. Doesnt happen when slowing down.

Thanks

3000 at 70 god im barely breaking 2100 at that speed what size is the engine on that thing small engines have to rev harder to go and the fusion was never a light aero dynamically designed motor i agree either you have a belt slipping badly or the bearings about to go

Thanks for the replies, Took it to a garage they took it for a run & first impressions was that it could be the clutch release bearing as mentioned, but when put on ramp & looked they thought maybe it wasn't as couldn't get it to make noise. Only had the car a couple of weeks, started making noise after a week or so, doesn't do it all the time. If it is the bearing will it get noticable worse quickly or could it go on for quite a while before causing a major prob? The garage I bought it from says they will go halves with me on a new clutch under the wear & tear conditions of the 3 mnth / 3000 miles warranty. Any more advice / ideas?

Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, Took it to a garage they took it for a run & first impressions was that it could be the clutch release bearing as mentioned, but when put on ramp & looked they thought maybe it wasn't as couldn't get it to make noise. Only had the car a couple of weeks, started making noise after a week or so, doesn't do it all the time. If it is the bearing will it get noticable worse quickly or could it go on for quite a while before causing a major prob? The garage I bought it from says they will go halves with me on a new clutch under the wear & tear conditions of the 3 mnth / 3000 miles warranty. Any more advice / ideas?

Thanks very much.

well put it this way would you rather pay half now and its done wether it needs it or not or wait and pay the whiole lot youreself? if he wants to go halfers ide just have it done and thats that you wont need to worry about it for a while