Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Sloshing In Passenger Side Door

mickeyk

Hi

After the heavy rain/snow we have had lately, I have noticed a sound of water sploshing in what seems to be comning from the passenger side door. I have had a feel around and there is definitely water in the seal near the bottom of the door.

How do you get the water out? Would a garage be able to do so? I have drained some away as some hole seemed to be a bit blocked, but it feels like there is still loads more in there!

Any ideas?!

In my MK6 their are drainage screws I believe, they are located on the plastic bottom part of the door that mas up the interior part.

Next tme it rains see if you notice and water build up at the door sill and some might splash as you open the door...I had this sound at speed like the water was sploshing about.

Hah, that takes me back. I remember having that issue with my mk6 :)

Ford dealers were making a 3rd hole in the front-end of each front door, after being issued with paint-warranty related info from FORD. My '58 reg Fiesta Mk 6.5 5dr, had these, but only 2 per door on the rear pair. My doors needed a good clear-out of surplus wax, using a toothpick.

Get a dealer to do it, to preserve the paint warranty (mine is 12 years duration; I don't know when it was uprated from 6 years, but my info is from 2007 brochure.).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club