Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium 1.8

AlexB

Could anyone tell me how the 1.8 Petrol engine is on the latest Focus Titaniums? I pick mine up on march 1st and just wondered how it was for mpg etc... I'm getting it to replace my 09 Fiesta Zetec S.

I'm not really expecting it to be quicker as such as it's a bigger car.

It'll be about the same in terms of 'quick', but will certainly handle a bit better. Fuel isn't too bad - I borrowed a 1.8 Zetec as a loaner last year while mine was having a new bumper after I was driven in to - I managed to get up to 40 mpg out of it sensibly, and averaged 32 mpg most of the time otherwise.

Could anyone tell me how the 1.8 Petrol engine is on the latest Focus Titaniums? I pick mine up on march 1st and just wondered how it was for mpg etc... I'm getting it to replace my 09 Fiesta Zetec S.

I'm not really expecting it to be quicker as such as it's a bigger car.

Hi Alex, We picked up our new 1.8 Focus Titanium on New Years Eve to replace our '53 2.0 Focus Ghia Estate.

With the weather being so bad we have mainly stayed local and doing lots of short journeys we are still getting 30 -32mpg. On the couple of slightly longer journeys we have made we managed over 40mpg and the car has lived up to the expectations we had for it. It's got a fair bit of acceleration when needed and handles well.

The only thing we regret is not getting the rear parking sensors fitted. Never realised how useful they had been on our last car until I came to reverse on to our tight drive in the dark the first time we brought it home. Retro fitting them will doubtless be the subject of a future thread. :D

both my brother and sister have the 1.8 petrol engine and both are getting rid of them after only a year due to poor performance and fuel efficiency - 30 mpg! i had the 1.8tdci which gave out similar performance (more torque) and 44mpg so was glad id didn't opt for the petrol. to be fair both engines are poor and dated in todays world.

both my brother and sister have the 1.8 petrol engine and both are getting rid of them after only a year due to poor performance and fuel efficiency - 30 mpg! i had the 1.8tdci which gave out similar performance (more torque) and 44mpg so was glad id didn't opt for the petrol. to be fair both engines are poor and dated in todays world.

i would rate my 1.8 zetec as beter than vag engines its punchy quick and good economy how the new ones rate im not sure other than i left one standing the other day so i would say the newer one was slower a lot slower

Well i took it for a good test drive (over 30 mins) around residential and motorway/dual carriageway and it didn't seem as slow as some people make out... basically on par with my fiesta zetec s (1.6)... can't see that i'll be unhappy with it, i'm not that fussed about it being super quick after having my fiesta for a year anyway.

I changed from having a Renault Scenic 1.6 with 110 bhp to my Focus 1.8 with a reported 113 bhp. At motorway speeds, the Scenic was running at 3500 rpm but in the Focus it's at 2900 rpm. It's a lot more relaxed and the pick-up from 70 to 90 mph in 5th gear is effortless.

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club