Issues After Gasket Repair

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3246251196

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:21 AM

I got my X Reg Fiesta back recently after having the gasket changed.

Basically, it is running fine and the temperature gauge indicates no problems.

However, it takes a lot less time for the engine to warm up (i.e. within 5 minutes the gauge is up to half way) than what it used to.

Also, having picked up the bad driving habit of knocking it into neutral while crawling toward a red light, I notice that even in neutral, sometimes, the engine will be reving at 2k rather than it dropping; this happens not often, but it is a little concerning.

I do not know if this has something to do with the fans in the engine or not.

Does anyone have any thoughts into this ?

Also: I have noticed, even with the AC off, there is a lot of HOT heat coming out of my vents into the car.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 3246251196

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

I got my X Reg Fiesta back recently after having the gasket changed.

Basically, it is running fine and the temperature gauge indicates no problems.

However, it takes a lot less time for the engine to warm up (i.e. within 5 minutes the gauge is up to half way) than what it used to.

Also, having picked up the bad driving habit of knocking it into neutral while crawling toward a red light, I notice that even in neutral, sometimes, the engine will be reving at 2k rather than it dropping; this happens not often, but it is a little concerning.

I do not know if this has something to do with the fans in the engine or not.

Does anyone have any thoughts into this ?

Also: I have noticed, even with the AC off, there is a lot of HOT heat coming out of my vents into the car.

Been doing a little bit of research on this myself too. I have been looking at similar problems with other Ford cars. When I got the car back, the oil still had water in it until it was all flushed out after a good few miles. For sure, the oil is as it should be now and no water has been taken which is obviously a good sign. I did read something on Throttle Position Sensors though and this could be an issue. Another issue, of course, is not having a great deal of money. I would like to take it to a Ford dealer and get it checked.

My Zetec engine has done about 77k miles, the gasket was sorted about 100 miles ago. I am lucky that I did not totally mess the engine up; I can tell it is not what it used to be though - I hear a rattling-like noise when I floor the accelerator but not as loud as when the problem was happening.

I must say, also, that I have no idea about engines and the mechanics of how cars work (though I would love to). The TPS is located where exactly? And, this could be the issue to the high reving when in neutral (again, this is not a major issue, but it happens SOMETIMES).

Maybe a new ECU is in question? Could an over-heated engine cause an ECU to mess up?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users