Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sony Radio For The Mk7

Tyrefryer

I love the look of that radio! Can't wait to get my Titanium in September :D One question, the screen for the radio is it colour or black n white?

Black and White - but looks amazing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul_S

• Strutter

• Dave_M

• Lenny

Reckon you could do a mini video of its operation or summit? Be cool to compare it to the older radio!

Is the screen hard to see in the day then if its black and white?

Big thing for me is the buttons along the top have letters under them, so i assume you can jump thru your iPod lists via letters and not having to hold down and scroll forever on the lists, which is a big thing for me!

i dont have bluetooth or usb,

reckon theres a more basic version of this radio, so without the phone functionality?

Ash

Probs just be the older stereo with teh 2 line display.

Hi Paul_S

With regard to your new Fiesta Titanium, how did you know the exact build date?

Dave_M

Much prefer the "standard" radio look, fits in much better IMHO, this looks a bit aftermarket

Hi Paul_S

With regard to your new Fiesta Titanium, how did you know the exact build date?

Dave_M

The Dealer was kind enough to email me with updates every few days. One email had my build date on.

P

Big thing for me is the buttons along the top have letters under them, so i assume you can jump thru your iPod lists via letters and not having to hold down and scroll forever on the lists, which is a big thing for me!

Yes indeed - really handy when looking at the phonebook or for a track in the iPod !

P

hi do you have the bluetooth voice activation and what happens when you press the phone button does the numbers across the top act as a phone pad to dial number regards paul

I will have to try that - I just shout out the number to the car now and it dials. The only thing I have noticed is you have to say ZERO for it to pick up the 0

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, new member so please be gentle....

I was due to take delivery of a Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI (95) on 1st September on a 60' reg, however i stumbled across this thread and felt a bit gutted that mine wouldn't have the new Sony radio so I gave my dealer a call to enquire about getting one as a dealer fit.

The are NOT available on any car that has already left the factory with the standard system installed, they are only available on cars built after the factory shut down (2011 model) and on the Titanium they are a £150 option. They will not be fitted as standard to any model.

The sony has bluetooth, USB, wireless streaming & Mobile Navigation (which I believe is if you have Sat Nav on your phone the sound will come from car speakers)

Bit of a shout out to my dealer here... Craig @ DG Weavers, Llandow, South Wales went into the system to see what was available for me and found the exact same car i had ordered (but a new 2011 model) with the new Sony System that had been built last week and is currently in transportation, so he reserved it for me and I should be taking delivery next Thursday or Friday!

Im well pleased as I really wanted the new Sony system and would have regreted it had I not had it

Hope this helps someone!

Graham.

Hey Guys, new member so please be gentle....

I was due to take delivery of a Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI (95) on 1st September on a 60' reg, however i stumbled across this thread and felt a bit gutted that mine wouldn't have the new Sony radio so I gave my dealer a call to enquire about getting one as a dealer fit.

The are NOT available on any car that has already left the factory with the standard system installed, they are only available on cars built after the factory shut down (2011 model) and on the Titanium they are a £150 option. They will not be fitted as standard to any model.

The sony has bluetooth, USB, wireless streaming & Mobile Navigation (which I believe is if you have Sat Nav on your phone the sound will come from car speakers)

Bit of a shout out to my dealer here... Craig @ DG Weavers, Llandow, South Wales went into the system to see what was available for me and found the exact same car i had ordered (but a new 2011 model) with the new Sony System that had been built last week and is currently in transportation, so he reserved it for me and I should be taking delivery next Thursday or Friday!

Im well pleased as I really wanted the new Sony system and would have regreted it had I not had it

Hope this helps someone!

Graham.

I had a similar experience mate, im ill be getting my car around the 7th, was in the dealers yesterday to sign the finance doc, said its now landed here just waiting for it to get up north now. He said 7/10 days but because of work commitments ill have to get it the 7th. I know i wouldnt of been happy with the standard hub after seeing the sony unit!

Am i the only one who thinks that sony radio looks out of place with the rest of the cars dash?

Am i the only one who thinks that sony radio looks out of place with the rest of the cars dash?

Exactly what I was thinking! If I got one, I would spray the silver plastics piano black as well

I looked at this a fair bit, saw it mentioned on here when it came out in Germany and I really have to say I much prefer the Ford design unit. I would imagine the internals are made by Sony anyway but I prefer the Ford control layout and the look. The rear view camera sounds mental though!!!! Although I'm not too sure how useful it in a small hatchback lol!!

I looked at this a fair bit, saw it mentioned on here when it came out in Germany and I really have to say I much prefer the Ford design unit. I would imagine the internals are made by Sony anyway but I prefer the Ford control layout and the look. The rear view camera sounds mental though!!!! Although I'm not too sure how useful it in a small hatchback lol!!

A rear-view camera would have saved me a scratch on my bumper from a 2" high concrete wall...

I can't say I like the look of the Sony unit... far to shiny next to the lovely soft-touch dash, HOWEVER; if it actually works and doesn't hang/freeze/skip/jump/read ID3V3 tags/play random tracks in an actual random order then it'd be a vast improvement over the standard Ford one.

A rear-view camera would have saved me a scratch on my bumper from a 2" high concrete wall...

I can't say I like the look of the Sony unit... far to shiny next to the lovely soft-touch dash, HOWEVER; if it actually works and doesn't hang/freeze/skip/jump/read ID3V3 tags/play random tracks in an actual random order then it'd be a vast improvement over the standard Ford one.

if your ford radio freezes or hangs let fords know , ive had my radios software updated and i dont get any freezes like i used to get every now and then

Saw Sony on the options list but I was under the impression it was Sony internals, didn't realise the whole fascia changed. I prefer the looks of the std unit, think the Sony cheapens the whole look - a bit too Toyota Aygo'ish if you know what I mean.

The most important thing though, what does it sound like? Just ran thru Ford UK online configurator and notice this is a £550 option on Zetec S and £150 on Titanium. For £550, it better sound different! Does anyone know if that £550 includes a Sony speaker upgrade? Also thought DAB may have been included as per the Sony units on other Ford models but looks like the Fiesta still misses out. £550 for a unit without DAB and with the same functions as the std unit, not worth it IMO.

BTW, noticed Ford have changed the UK online configurator in the past week. Out goes Sea Grey and in comes Micastone and Midnight Sky metallics. Blue interior option has also disappeared from Zetec S unless you want to pay £850 for the blue leather option. (I'm sure there are other changes I've missed)

• 2 months later...

Loving the look of this new head unit..

Although i would definitly have all silver plastics sprayed..

has anyone seen anywhere to buy it? would love to fit it into my car..

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club