#1 jocojohn

jocojohn

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi, My car is a 52 plate 1.8 Mondeo, petrol with 100k on the clock. I have noticed in the last few months at the end of a journey that the exhaust emits quite a lot of whitish smoke. The car does not lose coolant and use very little oil, it runs ok so I dont think its head gasket trouble or condensation in the exhaust because it still smokes after a long run. I know it maybe valve stem seals, but before I go down that route could anything else be causing this smoke such as blocked breather pipes or EGR valve etc. Thanks John

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi, My car is a 52 plate 1.8 Mondeo, petrol with 100k on the clock. I have noticed in the last few months at the end of a journey that the exhaust emits quite a lot of whitish smoke. The car does not lose coolant and use very little oil, it runs ok so I dont think its head gasket trouble or condensation in the exhaust because it still smokes after a long run. I know it maybe valve stem seals, but before I go down that route could anything else be causing this smoke such as blocked breather pipes or EGR valve etc. Thanks John

would have thought if it was valve stem oil seals the smoke would be black because its oil. i would have said condensation but this would happen at start of journey not end.not sure petrol has egr. is it burning a little more fuel than usual as i would suspect this if u don't seem to be loosing any fluids

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users