Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb - More Than One Connection

Westy

Hello all

I have done a search and can find no definative answer to this question.

I have just ordered a Titanium with the additional bluetooth/usb option.I was wondering if it is possible to plug 2 devices into the USB plug at the same time - Im thinking of possibly a iPhone AND a USB memory stick at the same time ?

Does anyone know if its possible, and if so, is there anything extra requird.

Cheers

Westy

I'll point out firstly I dont own a mk7 YET, however

I doubt it would be able to read both drives at once.

Maybe charge your phone and read off the USB pen

Quite interested to know the answers to this aswell :rolleyes:

I'll point out firstly I dont own a mk7 YET, however

I doubt it would be able to read both drives at once.

Maybe charge your phone and read off the USB pen

Quite interested to know the answers to this aswell :rolleyes:

well, there's only one usb socket, and if you have a odd charger round your iPhone like me (a mophie juice air) that uses an odd socket you can't get a charger for, I got from the apple shop a usb charger, plug it in to the power socket, and plug in your usb cable!

well, there's only one usb socket, and if you have a odd charger round your iphone like me (a mophie juice air) that uses an odd socket you can't get a charger for, I got from the apple shop a usb charger, plug it in to the power socket, and plug in your usb cable!

I could not understand a word of that... blink.gif

I think the OP means whether it would support having a USB hub connected. To power multiple devices whilst reading from one.

Scenario one - an iPhone user wants to charge their iPhone in the port but doesn't want to put up with the silly compatibility/bluetooth audio glitch on the iPhone and so also wants to have an iPod connected for music purposes.

Scenario two - someone has lost their sat nav charger and wants to charge it from the port while also listen to music.

Scenrio three - two 8gb memory sticks are cheaper than one 16gb.

In any scenario - I'm afraid it doesn't work.

Scenario one - an iPhone user wants to charge their iPhone in the port but doesn't want to put up with the silly compatibility/bluetooth audio glitch on the iPhone and so also wants to have an iPod connected for music purposes.

You could use the 12v for that surely or make sure the phone is charged.

Scenario two - someone has lost their sat nav charger and wants to charge it from the port while also listen to music.

You could use the 12v for that surely.

Scenrio three - two 8gb memory sticks are cheaper than one 16gb.

As I thought, there really is no need to have two USB devices connected at once.

No - there's no reason that you can think you would need it for - that's not the same as 'there really is no reason'...

Charging an iPhone through the 12V means the purchase of another piece of kit rather than using what is included with the phone, and even then you can't be sure it works. The iPhone is extremely fussy about charging through third party accessories (no official car charger is available) and will often time simply say 'charging not supported'. This is not an issue through USB.

There have been several occasions when I have needed a charge on my phone and have had to unplug my iPod to achieve it, leaving me without music other than CD or radio.

Ford also stated that USB hubs cannot be used.

I've also been looking into this, as i would be charging an iPhone via USB and would want a USB slot for my pen drive.

If you're only using the usb to charge, you could probably wire in another usb adapter into the 12v power adapter, or even the back of the current usb you have.

I have that one - it charged my 3G ok, but it won't do my new 3GS...

Ahh, I'm on 3g, although with a mophie juice air round it, so different plug!

(They had no 3Gs, and I couldn't be bothered waiting 2 days!)

I have the Belkin Dual Auto charger, has two USB ports so you can charge two devices. One is a 500mA and the other is 1000mA so supports fast charge on the iPhone. From what I've read, I think it works with the 3Gs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club