#1 asaf.adler

asaf.adler

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 1995

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hello all,
I have a 1995 Ford Mondeo MK1.

The car has serious pollution problem. It's CO level is more than 10 times than allowed by law. (around 3.7%)
It also consumes too much gas, and its rpm (idle) is always higher than ir should - around 1300 rpm.

It suppose to be a common problem with this car - so maybe one of you knows the reason?

We looked at the oxygen sensor and it OK, also the catalytic converter and it's sensor is OK too.

Please assist.

Thank you very much!
Asaf.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

Welcome to FOC Asaf.

Most people tend to search this forum using the new post link (those who venture out of the Fiesta forum anyway :lol:) so posting the same topic in four separate parts of the forum is not necessary. I have removed two of your posts, and just left those in the Mondeo and Technical Knowledge areas - I'm sure anyone who can help won't miss your topic.

#3 asaf.adler

asaf.adler

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 1995

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:38 AM

alright.

Thanks,
Asaf.

Welcome to FOC Asaf.

Most people tend to search this forum using the new post link (those who venture out of the Fiesta forum anyway :lol:) so posting the same topic in four separate parts of the forum is not necessary. I have removed two of your posts, and just left those in the Mondeo and Technical Knowledge areas - I'm sure anyone who can help won't miss your topic.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,931 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

alright.

Thanks,
Asaf.

if the lambda sensor and cat is okay then its engine sensor related which means a diagnostic to find which ones it can also be a blocked or faulty pcv valve and if the car needs a good service it woukld help

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users