Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 Plate Focus

BEARGER

I bought a 59 plate ford focus titanium 7000 miles on clock 2 weeks ago from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. Noticed the coolant level was low, they have had the car for two days fitting a heater matrix etc. Is this not a bit strange on a new car? Wondering if I've been sold a pup? Any views?

I bought a 59 plate ford focus titanium 7000 miles on clock 2 weeks ago from Arnold Clark in Glasgow. Noticed the coolant level was low, they have had the car for two days fitting a heater matrix etc. Is this not a bit strange on a new car? Wondering if I've been sold a pup? Any views?

very unusual having that done already if it was 10 yeasrs old maybe but not new aask for either an extenbded warranty because of this or a new car i wouldnt be happy with it assuming it definately is the matrix then it was either faulty or not originally fitted correctly explain to them that this failing on a new car has got you concerned and youre seriously considering changing the car and see what they will throw in if it were me ide have another motor personally that should not have failed already get all the info as to what the issue was

A car is made up of thousands of engineered bits, so maybe one piece failing that then dictates a heater matrix is replaced under warranty. Is hardly a good enough reason to reject a motor as being "not fit for purpose" As to asking for an extended warranty, it will have up to two years of the manufactures warranty outstanding. Coming from an engineering background, I cannot see the cause for concern. Ok if it was a safety issue fault they persistently failed to resolve, or it was never out of the workshops for one major fault after another, well that's a different story.

Here was me hoping to win the lottery last night [always pay cash for my cars] so I could nip down the motorway to pick up this little beauty with 7 miles on the clock from Arnold Clark. 59 FordFocus1.6 TDCi Titanium

I noted the early MK2.5 Titanuim's variants unlike the discontinued Ghia variants, came without cruise control as standard. Which I saw as a marketing mistake, especially on a diesel variant being a motorway muncher. I see they have now realised that was a big mistake and introduced it as standard on the 09 build models.

A car is made up of thousands of engineered bits, so maybe one piece failing that then dictates a heater matrix is replaced under warranty. Is hardly a good enough reason to reject a motor as being "not fit for purpose" As to asking for an extended warranty, it will have up to two years of the manufactures warranty outstanding. Coming from an engineering background, I cannot see the cause for concern. Ok if it was a safety issue fault they persistently failed to resolve, or it was never out of the workshops for one major fault after another, well that's a different story.

Here was me hoping to win the lottery last night [always pay cash for my cars] so I could nip down the motorway to pick up this little beauty with 7 miles on the clock from Arnold Clark. 59 FordFocus1.6 TDCi Titanium

I noted the early MK2.5 Titanuim's variants unlike the discontinued Ghia variants, came without cruise control as standard. Which I saw as a marketing mistake, especially on a diesel variant being a motorway muncher. I see they have now realised that was a big mistake and introduced it as standard on the 09 build models.

i have to disagree the car has done 7k a failing heater matrix which should have been pressure tested at the factory in my experience leads to more issues as most of the time they replace the matrix but dont solve the problem then its thermostat housings etc etc and the car can become a headache im not saying this is the case but the car should have went through an 80 point inspection before it was put on the forecourt then a pre delivery inspection after it was sold the big inspection is standard to check fans work in the bay aircon and to do a standard pressure test none of this was clearly done which kind of concerns me but all said if it was me i would have another car the same make and model just not that one and dont assume the warranty is great if ford do all they can to resolve a fault and fail then they do no more example a guy having the whole front suspension bit by bit replaced to get rid of a knocking diagnosed with the suspension after ford replaced almost everything and the issue was still there the guy was told sorry nowt else we can do youll have to contact ford directly all in all 8 months of headaches before they finally exchanged the car hopefully mate youre cars sorted and you have no more issues just curious as to how they concluded it was the matrix was it smelling like coolant in the car was the carpets wet condensation in the car and did they do a pressure test seems quick to jump to the matrix dash out job as well make sure everything works before you drive away ive seen them forget to connect switches before

i have to disagree the car has done 7k a failing heater matrix which should have been pressure tested at the factory in my experience leads to more issues as most of the time they replace the matrix but dont solve the problem then its thermostat housings etc etc and the car can become a headache im not saying this is the case but the car should have went through an 80 point inspection before it was put on the forecourt then a pre delivery inspection after it was sold the big inspection is standard to check fans work in the bay aircon and to do a standard pressure test none of this was clearly done which kind of concerns me but all said if it was me i would have another car the same make and model just not that one and dont assume the warranty is great if ford do all they can to resolve a fault and fail then they do no more example a guy having the whole front suspension bit by bit replaced to get rid of a knocking diagnosed with the suspension after ford replaced almost everything and the issue was still there the guy was told sorry nowt else we can do youll have to contact ford directly all in all 8 months of headaches before they finally exchanged the car hopefully mate youre cars sorted and you have no more issues just curious as to how they concluded it was the matrix was it smelling like coolant in the car was the carpets wet condensation in the car and did they do a pressure test seems quick to jump to the matrix dash out job as well make sure everything works before you drive away ive seen them forget to connect switches before

There was a condensation problem. I did not notice any smell or the carpets being wet, although on the phone the mechanic said they were wet and would be replaced!

There was a condensation problem. I did not notice any smell or the carpets being wet, although on the phone the mechanic said they were wet and would be replaced!

good on them makes a change lol hey they seem to have you well covered just a pain when the car spends more time wi them than you it is possible that the matrix was just faulty froim the start get it back and enjoy it yep the condensations usually a sign of water getting in most likely the foam insulation under the carpets was wet

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club