Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Start

geebee

Hi, I bought a 2.0 tdci s max april 08, which was 1 year old.

faults so far;

interior lamp had a mind of it's own, came on after car was stared, didn't work when door unlocked. 3 attempts at dealer now fixed.

climate controls faulty, unable to adjust on drivers side, 5 visits now seems fixed.

front heated screen failed on driver's side [since previous visit] now fixed.

seat belt bonger goes when driving, 5 attempts, now seems O.k. fingers crossed.

non start, engine turns over, not firing up, this was intermittent, now happens every day [leave for 5mins then starts first time]

I have contacted Ford directly about these faults, who have told me that I am not allowed to take it to another dealer even though the local dealer can't fix it.

Only 1 month left on warranty.

This local dealer [stroud glos] never has a loan car suitable and never ring to say it is ready.

this is as well as being overcharged for a service which was quoted by them.

THE FORD DEALERS ARE APPALLING.

ANYONE WITH ANY IDEAS TO FIX THE NON START ARE WELCOME.

Hi, I bought a 2.0 tdci s max april 08, which was 1 year old.

faults so far;

interior lamp had a mind of it's own, came on after car was stared, didn't work when door unlocked. 3 attempts at dealer now fixed.

climate controls faulty, unable to adjust on drivers side, 5 visits now seems fixed.

front heated screen failed on driver's side [since previous visit] now fixed.

seat belt bonger goes when driving, 5 attempts, now seems O.k. fingers crossed.

non start, engine turns over, not firing up, this was intermittent, now happens every day [leave for 5mins then starts first time]

I have contacted Ford directly about these faults, who have told me that I am not allowed to take it to another dealer even though the local dealer can't fix it.

Only 1 month left on warranty.

This local dealer [stroud glos] never has a loan car suitable and never ring to say it is ready.

this is as well as being overcharged for a service which was quoted by them.

THE FORD DEALERS ARE APPALLING.

ANYONE WITH ANY IDEAS TO FIX THE NON START ARE WELCOME.

is the glow plug lamp illuminating when you switch the ignition on and going out again ifd not theres a fault in the heater plugs one or more of these could be faulty causing a non start also theres a wire that links all the glow plugs together this could be faulty its under warranty so call ford and tell them you want the car fdixed legally because the fault happened within the warranty period if its still present after the expiry they still have to fix it keep proof that they were informed before the end of the warranty demand to have the car fixed strongly then call trading standards and let ford know youre going to do it to see where you stand i can tell you that by law you can take the car back and demand another or the money back you only have to give them 1 chance to repair a fault if it still exists you have the right to a replacement or money back tell ford directly that you have called trading standards you know youre rights and you want the car repaired the fact it starts after 5 minutes to me says either glow plug system is faulty or the fuel pump is faulty any half decent mechanic should be able to find it out a glow plug test is simple also you are entitled to the over charge back what they stated is what you had to pay if they did something to add to that without asking well thats there problem speak to trading standards mate youll have more ammo to fire at them then make a stink in the showroom