• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• DanGull

• Vix

• James.h

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, only just seen this.

It's a case of plug in and forget. My iPod just stays under the seat and I never think about it. It does charge while the ignition is off but I've never had any battery issues.

Hmm ok - can I check what aet up you are using? I was using a Ford original 3.5mm cable from my ST and a genuine Apple USB cable. I ordered a Y-cable off eBay which affected the sound quality, but did play the iPod as soon as I got in the car. I've since sent that back and ordered a shorter 3.5mm cable with the iPod USB.

Am I better off maybe trying a different USB cable??

I'm using a genuine Apple cable and a 2m unbranded 3.5mm-3.5mm jack lead. That's with a 30GB 5G video iPod.

:)

Well - the iPhone shares software with with Touch and I've had no end of trouble with the Mk7 and iPhone, so I'd say yes - it's safe to say the Touch is the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I was using the method of using an apple cable and random 3.5 to 3.5 cable but found the sound quality to be shocking, took the plunge and bought the official Ford Y-Cable, although it is such a strange awkward length the sound quality is spot on, so weighing up the options I'll take the inconvenience of the Y-Cables weird length for the superior sound quality.

The sound quality on my setup is if anything better than the Y-cable - try a few 3.5 cables and check that you haven't got a dud.

Downloaded a release of IOS4.1 earlier and cant get iPhone to work properly atall now, whilst streaming over bluetooth can now skip through tracks, which is nice but no playlist control nor info on the screen so not great.

When i try to connect with the USB and AUX cable now i cant get it going properly atall, it will play for few seconds then stop and keeps trying to play audio over bluetooth.

I wish apple would just provide a way of disabling this without jailbreaking the phone.

Downloaded a release of IOS4.1 earlier and cant get iphone to work properly atall now, whilst streaming over bluetooth can now skip through tracks, which is nice but no playlist control nor info on the screen so not great.

When i try to connect with the USB and AUX cable now i cant get it going properly atall, it will play for few seconds then stop and keeps trying to play audio over bluetooth.

I wish apple would just provide a way of disabling this without jailbreaking the phone.

Same.... I have ipod touch and my daughters nano, downloaded the latest updates, they both work for about a minute. Then the same old error message appears on the car computer. This is now starting to do my head in. I can't control the ipod through the steering wheel, apart from volume control.

Same.... I have ipod touch and my daughters nano, downloaded the latest updates, they both work for about a minute. Then the same old error message appears on the car computer. This is now starting to do my head in. I can't control the ipod through the steering wheel, apart from volume control.

There are a few options:

1) You can jailbreak your ipod and download a cydia app that lets you disable streaming over bluetooth

2) You can disable bluetooth completely on the ipod/phone

3) You can, when the music stops playing - disconnect the usb lead and plug it back in again - this should disable the bluetooth streaming and start the Ipod Aux streaming

4) When the ipod/ phone stops playing, you can press the control on the bottom of the touch/ phone screen where it says 'ford audio', and from there it gives you the option of choosing between the bluetooth and the dock connector

None of them are perfect, and you'll have to do this everytime you plug your ipod/ phone in. I tend to use option 4.

Hokay, just collected our new Titanium today and tried out the new, improved, super dooper Sony radio consul.

Just using a memory stick with most of my excellent eclectic music in MP3 format on it, I was impressed. All of the information came up on the display, full functions and usable from the stalk remote and voice link.

One impressed person. Also one highly impressed sales manager who did not think it would work as it did not on the old radio and this was the first new one he had seen.

Well done Sony.

• 4 weeks later...

...hook the iPod Touch up, it just defaulting to Line In now, even though the iPod is charging so there is obviously a connection via the USB for it to be doing that? I've got into the menu to try and chose USB or iPod, but its greyed out and won't let me select either. Gave up with it yesterday as it was just annoying me, so back in the car this morning to go to work and its still not detecting the iPod and I can only play music via the Aux connection...

I'm using the official iPod cable that came in the box and an old 3.5mm aux lead that I had in my ST.

If it's operating in Line-in mode, the extra functionality of the I-pod controls over usb is not operative.

Through a process of elimination, I discovered that disconnecting the 3.5mm audio lead from the i-pod touch and then reconnecting it brings the sound back in I-pod mode. Curiously, this only seems to work if I disconnect the 3.5mm audio jack from the head-phone socket of the I-pod and not if I disconnect it from the audio-in socket of the car.

• 4 weeks later...

On the faults thread its mentioned that post february models have newer software which works with iOS4.1 on the iPhone 3/4 just fine. Can anyone confirm this please? How many updates have ford made to the software since the car initially went on sale?

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up my Fiesta this week.

I have an 80GB Classic iPod. This works fine with AUX input, but when I also connect the iPod cable, as instructed, I expected the data to appear on-screen but it didn't? Is this to do with the iPod itself or am I doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have few questions. I have in Fiesta only AUX without USB and I would like to talk on iPhone via AUX is it possible? Did anybody try that? Is it sound clear and can you talk normally?

My instinct would be that that's a no go fiestamk7 - how would the person on the other end hear you? You won't be able to connect the line in and use the bluetooth for the microphone, it's one or the other.

My instinct would be that that's a no go fiestamk7 - how would the person on the other end hear you? You won't be able to connect the line in and use the bluetooth for the microphone, it's one or the other.

yeah, I thought that too...tnx! :)

• 4 weeks later...

JUST BOUGHT Y CABLE FROM amazon A FIRM CALLED ALPHASONIX, COST £6:98 WITH FREE DELIVERY

LONGER THAN FORD CABLE BUT WORKS A TREAT WITH MY iPhone SONG INFO DISPLAYED, CAN CHANGE

TRACKS WITH STEERING WHEEL SOUND QUALITY EXCELLENT.

• 2 weeks later...

To any one who connects iPhone/iPod via AUX & USB. When connected do not push the AUX button in the Sony player. For some reason that will allow you to listen to music but not display info! Use the circle control toggle in the centre of the Sony console and find AUX and then select iPod. You can the select any song, album or play list and it will read and display info fine. If you press the AUX button it confuses the Sony player. REMEMBER it was designed to play and connect to lots of devices NOT just apple. Spend a bit of time looking through the options and for the device you want to connect. I have had no problem connect my iPhone 3GS via AUX & USB and having the bluetooth turned on all at the same time. I can play music, look at the info, control via steering wheel and use phone! I did buy the "Y" cable from ford as I thought if I where to get a poor sound or a dodgy cable I could take it back! No need however! Apart from the funny length it's really good. And apart from that I can control the phone for calls and music via the car.

I have a MK7 with USB and I can connect my IPod with the Ford Y lead and it plays fine with full steering wheel control.

I can shuffle all my songs or select a playlist but I cannot seem to select an album or artist. When I select those it just plays my first song.

Any ideas?

I sorted this by updating my Ipod touch software from 4.1 to 4.2.1.

My next question is is there an easy to scroll through all the artists as I have thousands of songs and it takes ages to work through the alphabet?

I use the ford cable. I quite like it, it works perfectly and still doesnt interfere with my bluetooth, and to above, i think the only way once connected is to use the up/down arrows.

I just make playlists of my favorites songs.

Hi,

I got my fiesta today, i thought all models had aux input and it was just usb and bluetooth optional but mine just has a cig lighter with a cover next to it which im guessing it isnt meant to come off. Anyone any ideas how i can connect my phone to car? I know theres fm transmitters etc..

• 1 month later...

i have a zetec and to connect my ipod touch i use a 3.5mm jack to jack cable wich i bought on eBay for £2.52 including p&p and plug into the aux connection next to the 12v socket.works a treat.

• 1 month later...