Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Connecting An Ipod Or Mp3 Player To The Mk7 Fiesta

DanGull

How easy is it to convert just a AUX to USB & AUX?

In a word: not

In fact, it's (so far) impossible. Have a read of this.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• DanGull

• Vix

• James.h

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word: not

In fact, it's (so far) impossible. Have a read of this.

thanks for the link, it sounded too easy lol

Hi can i just ask if i set my iPhone up the way you have said with USB jack cable and an unbranded 3.5mm jack - 3.5mm jack cable will the ubs cable which came with my iPhone charge the phone too? im only asking as i have not got my 2010 fiesta yet picking it up thursday.

Hi i just changed my battery in my Fiesta and come to find my radio locked....

The model i think is M040124...

Will be great if you could help.. thanks

Hi

I have a few questions about connecting my iPhone 4 to the car system via 'bluetooth' only, and then using the Ford "Y" Cable which I hope that someone can help me with?

Ok, when I connect my iPhone to the system using 'bluetooth', everything that I need to work, works fine but, I have music on the iPhone and I would have thought that it would have automatically playedmy music once it had connected, but it does not. What do I need to do to get this to work using 'bluetooth' only?

When I connect the iPhone using both 'bluetooth' and the "Y" cable, do I actually need the 'bluetooth' enabled for the phone to work as it does when connected via bluetooth and, secondly, again with regard to the music, if I'm using the "Y" cable only, how do I get the music to play through the car?

Last but not least, I've read in the Fiesta forum that the Fiesta supports "Ford Audio", how can I tell if my car supports this?

Note: I have the latest Apple software installed on my iPhone 4.

Thanks, BHeart

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/overview?id=4&cradle_support=0&box_id=3&intro_date=

This is the page on Ford website to check your car against phone for compatability.

To get music playing thro Speakers via bluetooth only you have to have opened your player on your phone and started something playing 1st!! Once started just pause it, it will start off again when you switch to aux on dash. Only problem is you cant stop it unless you switch back to radio or turn bluetooth off. You wont see any details of whats playing, and you can only jump thro tracks one by one on that playlist or adjust volume via steering controls.

Tip is to create a favourite play list on itunes and iPhone, put in what you really like for short hops for something to listen to, then use cable for more control on long trips.

When looking thro long playlists if you hold down bottom arrow on dash control it will jump alphabetically. Real quick tho.

To change playlist you need to go back with left arrow on dash control then up/down and right again when you find what you after. Pain in !Removed! when driving tho, if you let go to pay more attention to road it jumps back to where you started after a few seconds. Needs to be changeable from steering wheel controls!! Come on FORD get act together.

• 3 weeks later...

After a bit of testing with my Dell Streak (5") I can confirm that bluetooth call handling works, and so does USB music. (Dell Streak running Android 2.2)

You MUST put your phone into USB Storage mode BEFORE selecting the USB Auxilary. Failing to do so can render the device unreadable until engine (or radio) switchoff. Setting the device to USB Storage Mode after aux selection may cause the phone to complain about the SD card, but does not corrupt data on there. Disconnecting the phone from the USB usually fixes the problem, and in (known) 2.2+ the phone will scan and check the SD card before mounting it.

Browsing directories within the SD card is as normal, using the screen for directory names and the four arrow buttons to navigate them. ALL SD card directories are accessable, but some will not display files that are not playable by the decoders (currently the decoders can read .WAV, .WMA and .MP3)

I will test Audio over bluetooth in a few minutes when I get back into the car.

bluetooth voice calling works (after programming names to numbers in the directory?). Accepting calls via the phone (slide to answer/answer button) or via the radio controls, and audio quality is fine. When playing music via USB, it will pause/volume 0 the music stream during a call, and resume/volume last after the call ends. I have not tested calling people via voice commands or via the phonebook access due to me being a first time driver (4th day after passing my test) and not being that experienced to concentrate on my phone for a bit. I may test when parked at the house.

Just a bit of information for you fellow Android users.

Edit: I've tried the Audio over Bluetooth today, and it workes fine. Playback is controlled by the device, and not the car though, so it's overall better to use USB. Similar situation when getting a call, the volume is muted, and the call goes through fine. The only problem i've found is that the phone calls use bit streams and audio/music use buffers, and it takes a while for the car to switch between the two (and tell your phone to do the same), which means your music will play back after the call has ended, however every 4-5 seconds there will be a 2 second gap in the sound 2-3 times while the car waits for the stream, but gets a buffer, until your phone and car are properly sync'd with the buffer size, then playback is fine.

• 2 months later...

I can't get my iphone4 to sync with the car, any advice no USB only a jack

if its just the jack you're using.... just plug it in, turn stereo to aux, and press play on your phone.... there's nothing more to it, just like your car is a biiiig set of headphones.

Can u get a USB fitted in retrospect? How easy is it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the style which just has the aux in that square piece of trim. I wanted to know if anyone knows if its possible to swap that socket for one that is also usb like in some of the other fiestas?

Also does anyone else get popping at higher volumes through their aux unless their iPhone volume is set really low?

One other thing. You can buy an ipod/iphone dock connector to 3.5mm connector on eBay and I wondered whether this allows you to control the ipod/iphone through the stereo if anyone has tried it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I've just brought a 3.5mm double ended jack to connect my iPod 4th gen through the aux although it works I was expecting to be able to change tracks through the steering wheel controls but I can't do this. I own the style+ model so is there any lead I can buy which enables this function? thanks.

I have the style which just has the aux in that square piece of trim. I wanted to know if anyone knows if its possible to swap that socket for one that is also usb like in some of the other fiestas?

Also does anyone else get popping at higher volumes through their aux unless their iphone volume is set really low?

One other thing. You can buy an ipod/iphone dock connector to 3.5mm connector on eBay and I wondered whether this allows you to control the ipod/iphone through the stereo if anyone has tried it?

If you only have a aux socket in your car. You will only be able to adjust volume and skip thro tracks using steering wheel controls. No music data will show up on your car screen. Possibly when Ipod 5 software is released you may see data, if your car has bluetooth.

If you only have a aux socket in your car. You will only be able to adjust volume and skip thro tracks using steering wheel controls. No music data will show up on your car screen. Possibly when Ipod 5 software is released you may see data, if your car has bluetooth.

Correction: Aux cable will only play sound - you cannot skip tracks. (Volume will work fine as that is controlled through the stereo) If you have bluetooth you can play/skip music through that. I believe retrofitting USB may be possible as I'm sure I found a guide on a German forum, however can't find it now!

To the OP -

Thanks for posting great info

Edited by DanGull
Large quote of original post removed

You're very welcome, it may be a tad out of date now with the new Sony audio system in lots of new Mk7s, but the basics should still be right.

Welcome to FOC - do us a favour and avoid quoting large pieces of text and images, it makes the reading experience of the forum a little awkward with all the scrolling. :D

You're very welcome, it may be a tad out of date now with the new Sony audio system in lots of new Mk7s, but the basics should still be right.

Welcome to FOC - do us a favour and avoid quoting large pieces of text and images, it makes the reading experience of the forum a little awkward with all the scrolling. :D

Nothing has really changed with the Sony radio, same theory still applies. Just has the buttons in different places.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello tis my first post and hope someone can assist.

I have just got myself a Fiesta (11plate) which has the USB and jack connectors. When trying to play my iPod on a selcted genre I can't shuffle it just plays one song, yet when I play all songs it will shuffle play.

Hello tis my first post and hope someone can assist.

I have just got myself a Fiesta (11plate) which has the USB and jack connectors. When trying to play my iPod on a selcted genre I can't shuffle it just plays one song, yet when I play all songs it will shuffle play.

There is an upgrade available from the Ford Website here which can be downloaded to a USB stick and run in around 20 minutes. No guarantees that it will solve your problem but worth a try. The instructions are spot on as I just did mine and it completed in just over 15 minutes.

I'll give that a go cheers for the info

The Release notes are below:-

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

Supports the original Apple USB cable

Playback of music files via the USB stick

Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices

Connection stability for bluetooth, telephony and bluetooth audio

Compatibility of mobile phones

Display of phone book and call lists

The Release notes are below:-

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

Supports the original Apple USB cable

Playback of music files via the USB stick

Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices

Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and Bluetooth audio

Compatibility of mobile phones

Display of phone book and call lists

Hi all,

I have applied this update to my 2010/60 Fiesta Titanium and I noticed straight away although there are many improved functions with the radio - my reversing camera display in the rearview mirror showed a blank bright blue screen instead of the image from the camera for a couple of seconds. This happened twice and now I just get the blue screen and no image - it just turns off.

The reversing sensors work as I still get the beeps.

Anyone else have the camera and noticed any problems since this update?

I have the car booked in with Polar Ford on November 15th for this and a couple of other minor niggles.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club