Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy Front Heater Blower

yusuf

H i All you good peaple,

i have a ford galaxy model 2002 1.9 TDI. the front heating blower only works when set to 3 and 4.

it does not work when set to 1 and 2.

ant idea why or what it could be

• 2 weeks later...

H i All you good peaple,

i have a ford galaxy model 2002 1.9 TDI. the front heating blower only works when set to 3 and 4.

it does not work when set to 1 and 2.

ant idea why or what it could be

it needs a new resistor mate

hi there,

done the trick and only cost £26.00.

thanks a million

its happened to me on a few cars mate they always go on 1 and 2 as thts the most commonly used setting

• 9 months later...

This happened on my vauxhaul Astra and was a simple resistor swap out, which was next to the blower accessed from under the filter in the bonnet. Where is the resistor unit on the Galaxy (2000-2006)? Many thanks

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem.When the dial is switched to 1 or 2 it doesn't work but the air con does.When switched to 3 or 4 the fan works but the air con goes off.

I had a new resistor fitted today and now on 1 the air con is on but no fan.On 2,3 and 4 the blower works but no air con.

Any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.When the dial is switched to 1 or 2 it doesn't work but the air con does.When switched to 3 or 4 the fan works but the air con goes off.

I had a new resistor fitted today and now on 1 the air con is on but no fan.On 2,3 and 4 the blower works but no air con.

Any ideas ?

Problem solved .The resistor fitted was the incorrect part.I now have full use of the blower and air con :)

• 3 months later...

I had exactly this problem with my Galaxy. Unfortunately I took it to the local Ford dealer who diagnosed 'replace heater rheostat' and charged me £97.18. I should have come here first.

However, I didn't post just to whinge. Since that fix the heater/fan/AC unit has stopped working altogether. Also, the analogue clock (is that connected?). I have checked all the fuses and cannot see any blown.

The dealer has checked and said all lines are live into the control panel which needs replacement.

They say this will cost £400+ and there is a waiting list for the part ("obviously this is a problem part")

My questions are:

1) Is this something I could do and save myself a lot of money? (The dealer said it would only take about 30 minutes to fix)

2) Is it just a coincidence that this happened so soon after the rheostat install?

thanks for your help