Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Fusion + Faults

nic133

Hi guys,

I'm new to Ford Ownership and just picked up a pretty decent spec 56 reg Fusion 3 + 1.6. First impressions are good, although only had it a few days, but have noticed a few problems, which i hope you guys can help me with.

- First up is the trip computer wont work. When i got it the dash display was stuck on the 'Range' setting, so i disconnected the battery and its reset to the trip computer, but still wont work. The button on the end of the indicator stalk deosnt do anything, when i assume its supposed to. Do we think a new stalk will fix this?

- Secondly is the passenger power fold mirror. It still folds, but as it gets fully folded in it seems to try to carry on folding and makes a loud grinding noise (almost a !Removed! noise), any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?

- Last of all the 12v power point in the front isnt working, hopefully just a fuse.

Hope to be around on the site for a while, and who knows, one day i may be able to answer some questions too lol.

Thanks

Chris

Hi guys,

I'm new to Ford Ownership and just picked up a pretty decent spec 56 reg Fusion 3 + 1.6. First impressions are good, although only had it a few days, but have noticed a few problems, which i hope you guys can help me with.

- First up is the trip computer wont work. When i got it the dash display was stuck on the 'Range' setting, so i disconnected the battery and its reset to the trip computer, but still wont work. The button on the end of the indicator stalk deosnt do anything, when i assume its supposed to. Do we think a new stalk will fix this?

- Secondly is the passenger power fold mirror. It still folds, but as it gets fully folded in it seems to try to carry on folding and makes a loud grinding noise (almost a !Removed! noise), any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?

- Last of all the 12v power point in the front isnt working, hopefully just a fuse.

Hope to be around on the site for a while, and who knows, one day i may be able to answer some questions too lol.

Thanks

Chris

sounds like the stalk needs repalced youll get one from a scrapyard mate power point ide check the fuses in the box first if that doesnt work you may find if you look in there are 2 meatl fins at the sides using something plastic but hard slightly bend the in towards the inside of the point if that doesnt work then the relay sounds like the cut off forthe mirror isnt working could ba a relay or fuse issue as well

hi there welcome to the club. I have 05 fusion +. the trip computer is controlled on the clock faces themselves theres two small buttons. yours may be the face lifted version if so you will have a small cubby hole above the glove box . if so this may be different from mine, hope this helps.If its s face lift version i have no clue sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

Just a few updates. My car is the facelift with the cubby hole above the glovebox. I have replaced the indicator stalk with a second hand one (£20 from breakers and off a mk6 fiesta as it happens), and this has worked and the button is now fully working.

As for cig lighter, fuse is fine, so its either needing the fins bend inward, or just replacing which i suspect i'll end up doing.

The mirror seems completely knackered, its a sealed unit and only has one fuse operating it (1 fuse operates both sides). I've currently pulled the fuse to save the embarrasment of the grinding noise every time you lock the doors. A new mirror from Ford is £118 inc vat, or an aftermarket one off eBay is £50 plus postage. Not decided what one to go for yet, any ideas? Until i make my decision i'll keep the fuse pulled out.

Thanks again

Chris

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

Just a few updates. My car is the facelift with the cubby hole above the glovebox. I have replaced the indicator stalk with a second hand one (£20 from breakers and off a mk6 fiesta as it happens), and this has worked and the button is now fully working.

As for cig lighter, fuse is fine, so its either needing the fins bend inward, or just replacing which i suspect i'll end up doing.

The mirror seems completely knackered, its a sealed unit and only has one fuse operating it (1 fuse operates both sides). I've currently pulled the fuse to save the embarrasment of the grinding noise every time you lock the doors. A new mirror from Ford is £118 inc vat, or an aftermarket one off ebay is £50 plus postage. Not decided what one to go for yet, any ideas? Until i make my decision i'll keep the fuse pulled out.

Thanks again

Chris

i suspect with the cigarette lighter like mi9ne the fins inside just need bent in to grab the lighter as for the mirror try a breakers or eBay for another one if you cant be bothered with the hassle just get aftermarket ones and save some serious cash in the process ide try eBay first for a second hand one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club