Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chugging / Loosing Power - 1.8 Diesel

smaxdvdplayer

Has anyone had experience of the 2007 1.8 Diesel S-max chugging, and loosing power... (could not even overtake a lorry on the climbing lane going at 40 mph) across all gears (except 1st) above about 2000 revs? This has started with me after I drive the car for about 30 mins or more.... once the engine has warmed up. I have parked the car and am hoping to get it to a ford garage this week for diagnotic.

When my A3 did the same it was the diesel particulate filter on the exhaust.

could be injectors and its in limp mode even a bdly blocked diesel filter or a sensor i think diagnostics is the best bet

Has anyone had experience of the 2007 1.8 Diesel S-max chugging, and loosing power... (could not even overtake a lorry on the climbing lane going at 40 mph) across all gears (except 1st) above about 2000 revs? This has started with me after I drive the car for about 30 mins or more.... once the engine has warmed up. I have parked the car and am hoping to get it to a ford garage this week for diagnotic.

it was a blocked diesel fuel filter............ running 100% now.... cheers

it was a blocked diesel fuel filter............ running 100% now.... cheers

always nic when its the simple things